United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question

Is hex 3124 considered a mountain hex? What is the cost to enter this hex:

From 3125? 3034? 3033?

Are there other ambiguous hexes I should be aware of as a new player?

Also the example ofor 6.21.1 is a little confusing for the examples relating to mountain hexsides. The terrain chart doesn't list hexside costs so do you assume it's the same as entering and leaving a mountain hexside or pass?

Thanks! Tom

Originally posted on consimworld:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Tom. The word mountain hexside should be replaced with mountain pass, and that is the entry on the TEC you want to look at, rule is 6.21.3. Unfortunately that example has the only instance left of "mountain hexside" that escaped the revision.

Regarding the hex I do not have a map in front of me so of limited help. If you think it is mountain it is probably mountain and the cost to enter mountain is 4 mp (6.21.1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex 3134 is a hex two southeast of Lyon via a hex spine. The north, and northeast hexsides are mountain passes. The southeast is mountain. The south hexside is clear, and the other two hexsides are clear and river.

It is drawn so that the mountain portion takes up slightly less than half of the hex.

So the original question should be asking about the cost of entering and exiting the clear and river hexsides that appear on the clear portion of hex 3134. Some games rule that movement costs are based upon the majority of the terrain that makes up the hex.

I think in this case you are not paying mountain hexside costs when crossing the river, and you are not paying for mountain pass hexside costs when entering or leaving 3134 to leave/enter 3135.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.