T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Is there a thematic reason for... (Possible spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...why receptacles have inherent "personality traits" in the form of skills? I get that the TIME agents would embody the physicality of their receptacles (if your consciousness is in the body of a big brute, of course you'll be a formidable fighter). But why, for example, if I'm just borrowing the body of the girl cannibal, would I actually want to eat people? Not to mention, you'd think that would break some sort of agency ethical code and be discouraged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you play Under the mask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The body knows what it likes. The agent might not have a desire to eat human flesh, but the receptacle body's mouth waters at the thought of it. Same thing with smoking, etc.

The receptacle is a tool for the agent to drive around. Just like a strange car, you might have to deal with the fact that the alignment is off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Did you play Under the mask?

No, not yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're obviously not 100% in control, or else you wouldn't have the addict freaking out when he runs out of cocaine, or the other guy who refuses to kill off weakened enemies, etc. It seems that some of a receptacles strongest urges/most defining traits still seep through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.