$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions regarding 2-3 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Drzewiecki
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
So after our 3 player game we have encounter some questions:

When we are fighting as Trogs, and playing as them our tactic cards, card such as "regroup" has no effect, right? And on the other hand "air support" adds trog unit to chosen battle objective?

And do I place a trog nest token if I loose the fight to trogs but was still able to kill and capture all of their miniatures?

Another one, so for example I have two adjacent battles going on, and let say that I won in the first region, so then when playing second battle I can use "regroup" tactic card to summon one of my survived miniatures from the ended battle to the present one?

And one more thing... When human claims a terrain control through airfield, does it activate an exploration counters? Or you have to go there with your miniatures to activate it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drzewko wrote:
When we are fighting as Trogs, and playing as them our tactic cards, card such as "regroup" has no effect, right? And on the other hand "air support" adds trog unit to chosen battle objective?

I'd need to know the exact text of these two cards to answer properly.

Edit 1
Regroup: Battle: From each Region adjacent to the Battle Region, you may remove one of your miniatures(icon) and place it on any Battle Objective.

In a 2 or 3 player game this won't happen as Trog miniatures don't stay on the board except when locked in battle regions, so you are correct that you cannot use Regroup for the Trogs.

Edit 2
Air Support: Battle: Add one miniature(icon) from your Reserve onto any Battle Objective.

In a 2 to 3 player game the Trogs don't have a player controlled reserve, and since the card says "your" reserve I would rule that you would not trigger Air Support when playing for the Trogs in a battle. Though I would not be surprised if the official ruling allowed it to trigger in that case.

Edit 3
I've reviewed the rules and f.a.q., and while there is no explicit answer to this question.

I'm going to assert the inference and spirit of the rules is that the player controlling the Trogs in a battle, is for that battle, the Trog player, and anything referencing "your reserve" would be the Trog reserve for that battle. Which would allow Air Support to be used.

drzewko wrote:
And do I place a trog nest token if I loose the fight to trogs but was still able to kill and capture all of their miniatures?

Yes, if the Trogs win control the token is placed in the region, if the Trogs lose control and have to retreat the token is placed in an adjacent region.

drzewko wrote:
Another one, so for example I have two adjacent battles going on, and let say that I won in the first region, so then when playing second battle I can use "regroup" tactic card to summon one of my survived miniatures from the ended battle to the present one?

Yes this is legal, because once a Battle is over it is no longer a Battle region. Allowing you to target it for card affects.

drzewko wrote:
And one more thing... When human claims a terrain control through airfield, does it activate an exploration counters? Or you have to go there with your miniatures to activate it?

It does not, only miniatures trigger tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
drzewko wrote:
When we are fighting as Trogs, and playing as them our tactic cards, card such as "regroup" has no effect, right? And on the other hand "air support" adds trog unit to chosen battle objective?

I'd need to know the exact text of these two cards to answer properly.

Edit 1
Regroup: Battle: From each Region adjacent to the Battle Region, you may remove one of your miniatures(icon) and place it on any Battle Objective.

In a 2 or 3 player game this won't happen as Trog miniatures don't stay on the board except when locked in battle regions, so you are correct that you cannot use Regroup for the Trogs.

Edit 2
Air Support: Battle: Add one miniature(icon) from your Reserve onto any Battle Objective.

In a 2 to 3 player game the Trogs don't have a player controlled reserve, and since the card says "your" reserve I would rule that you would not trigger Air Support when playing for the Trogs in a battle. Though I would not be surprised if the official ruling allowed it to trigger in that case.

drzewko wrote:
And do I place a trog nest token if I loose the fight to trogs but was still able to kill and capture all of their miniatures?

Yes, if the Trogs win control the token is placed in the region, if the Trogs lose control and have to retreat the token is placed in an adjacent region.

drzewko wrote:
Another one, so for example I have two adjacent battles going on, and let say that I won in the first region, so then when playing second battle I can use "regroup" tactic card to summon one of my survived miniatures from the ended battle to the present one?

Yes this is legal, because once a Battle is over it is no longer a Battle region. Allowing you to target it for card affects.

drzewko wrote:
And one more thing... When human claims a terrain control through airfield, does it activate an exploration counters? Or you have to go there with your miniatures to activate it?

It does not, only miniatures trigger tokens.


James is mostly correct. Air Support allows you to add one more Trog Miniature.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
James is mostly correct. Air Support allows you to add one more Trog Miniature.


Ugh, I did my edit 3, exactly at the same moment you posted!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.