Subject: Confirmation requiered: Will CitOW+HR get the very last reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, we're stuck with what we have?
My confusion comes from hearing multiple, conflicting news about that: It's said, that every game from warhammer IP won't get any more reprints announced, but it's also said, that CitOW+HR reprints were announced some time ago (1st half of that year), and on the other hand, HR "awaits reprint" on FFGs site. On yet another other hand there's polish reprint upcoming, so there should be english edition as well, yeah?
I oficially started getting mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing nothing, I suspect that they will not get a reprint. I suspect FFG will probably be looking to clear inventory and to move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
Knowing nothing, I suspect that they will not get a reprint. I suspect FFG will probably be looking to clear inventory and to move forward.

me too.
The confirmation OP wants can only be granted by FFG. Maybe an email there will give better results than asking people who can't know it for sure :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
Where is Ishtar's nipple??!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Galakta has confirmed several times the reprint of the Polish version, the last one I believe was that it was currently being printed/handed over to the printer. I know you may be interested in the English version, but generally all reprints are done simultanously for all languages as it significantly reduces the cost. It doesn't seem very probable to me that one was planned without doing the original at the same time, or at least I hope so - I may be wrong. Or it might be that it didn't receive the info of cancellation/had not enough time to prepare for breaking it out to the awaiting fans :/

Of course the best way is to ask them directly, and I hope someone did that and will share (no sense in flooding them with exact same question). I don't know how distribution of FFG products now work in the US, but if the whole print is considered 'sold' to the distributor (Asmodee?) at once, without FFG keeping stock in its own warehouses, I think it would be quite safe to assume that we'll see a reprint. If FFG is still the main direct supplier, that no chance they'd print something they had only a couple of months to sell unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schizoferret wrote:
Well, Galakta has confirmed several times the reprint of the Polish version, the last one I believe was that it was currently being printed/handed over to the printer. I know you may be interested in the English version, but generally all reprints are done simultanously for all languages as it significantly reduces the cost. It doesn't seem very probable to me that one was planned without doing the original at the same time, or at least I hope so - I may be wrong. Or it might be that it didn't receive the info of cancellation/had not enough time to prepare for breaking it out to the awaiting fans :/

I don't know; the Galakta production queue looks radically different from the Fantasy Flight production queue:

http://galakta.pl/plany-wydawnicze/plany-wydawnicze-dodruki/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

I don't think you can infer much about one from the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
schizoferret wrote:

I don't know; the Galakta production queue looks radically different from the Fantasy Flight production queue:

http://galakta.pl/plany-wydawnicze/plany-wydawnicze-dodruki/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

I don't think you can infer much about one from the other.

You're right, now that I compare them. Even when overlooking games that Galakta dosen't publish here (CE, Netrunner [killed in action]) , status of numenorian expansion for lotr, and civilization board game (which aparently isn't even listed by FFG, except for expansions) have very different status.
But I've also always thought that such things are done at one time with english edition...
God dammit. I definitelly have to email FFG, maybe they've got an answer. I wish you were wrong.

Man how did ya went through polish site? If you're not Pole, then it's skill you could be proud of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
Man how did ya went through polish site? If you're not Pole, then it's skill you could be proud of

Google does all the hard work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhm, unfortunate then. Fortunately I did not succumb to selling mine when the prices went up, but it will be a sad world if Chaos goes the way of the Dodo. It is one of the richest game FFG produced, if not the richest, among their first editions. When you look at Civ, Runewars, etc. its clear that it's a set of unrelated mechanics and ideas welded together. The fact that they might work and be fun is irrelevant - in Chaos every card was a concrete reference to something from the Old World, and the way the gods played and their natural enemies was clearly carefully reflected, despite a rushed first print.

Returning to the topic however, I would advise looking out for the Polish edition (or other languages which do print together); you'll get the miniatures and tokens, and full-card quality english prints glued over localized cards shouldn't be virtually invisible when in tight-fitting sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's what I'll have to do. But I'm devastated. For many last months I've came to conclusion, that I'm gonna expand my collection with games only in english (thinking about future, possible emigration after graduation, etc.), and I really wanted to get Chaos+HR in english.

Still I have polish edition, galakta prepares HR, so I should be fine for a few years, but if I'd like to buy it abroad, then it's gonna cost me a fortune. And my CitOW is unsellable, as its box looks like it had a contact with charging rhino...

Maybe I can somehow get it, but I also have to buy Forbidden stars now, so I'm likely to be completely broke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Will they reprint at least HR? This is the one I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we're discussing; there wasn't a slightest glimmer of hope for the base game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
HR is not listed here as waiting reprint on FFG's site

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Before it was removed form the 'Upcoming' list yesterday, it used to be 'Awaiting Reprint' (means 'no plans') with the lat update 16th January.

To me it means to chance - especially when they said they would be doing no new reprint announcements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the announcement was 'The End'. Mostly given the fact that they pulled sales of digital products that require no investment in stock. FFG just have a 6 month window to sell off remaining stock. It reminds me of of the announcement of Harmonix/Rock Band switching from MadCatz to PDP for manufacturing but MadCatz retaining a window for sales/support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, withdrawal of the license means they'd basically have to pulp anything they might have left in stock after Feb 2017 (although I suspect they'll easily sell every copy well before then...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say FFG set this entire thing up - big publicity stunt to get their Warhammer line selling again and remember they have until the license runs out to reprint and sell anything Warhammer --- food for thought !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
barbarianprince wrote:
I say FFG set this entire thing up - big publicity stunt to get their Warhammer line selling again and remember they have until the license runs out to reprint and sell anything Warhammer --- food for thought !!

A reprint seems extremely unlikely. They already stopped printing all the POD expansions and canceled the Horned Rat Expansion reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:

You think FFG have orchestrated a fake break up with GW to move a few extra copies of Chaos Marauders (second edition)? That surely explains why so many products went instantly out of stock, including the digital/POD ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The chance of a reprint is the exact same chance that GW changes their mind and decides to renew their license with FFG instead of cancelling it, as that is what would have to happen for FFG to order a reprint.

You've had 7 years to pick up a copy at a good price, better jump on one now if you want to avoid an insane price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only if a Chaos 2nd Edition comes out,but that's a bit of impossible right now.Who knows,maybe in 2019 for a 10th anniversary we'll get a nice surprise announcement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.