GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the names of the cows I don't see text on images sofar.
Is this game language independent?
Are there any differences between the eggertspiele and Stronghold version (rules e.g.) or is it the same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No differences gamewise. Material is as far as I know language independent (except rules of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny P
Canada
DDO
Quebec
flag msg tools
i cant remember 1 stronghold games port that had a difference from the original except for the icon on the box. i would say they would be identical
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Gasparetti
Italy
Trecastelli
An
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main difference is the price. The Stronghold version costs 70 Euros and the Pegasus one only 40.
Don't ask me why!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the Stronghold version travelled via the US which is kind of thematic for this game, but not worth an extra € 30.

gapsxever wrote:
The main difference is the price. The Stronghold version costs 70 Euros and the Pegasus one only 40.
Don't ask me why!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gapsxever wrote:
Don't ask me why!

Yep - I have just got this from Shire Games who brought back a limited number of the Pegasus/Eggertspiele version from Essen at a much cheaper price than the shops who are getting the Stronghold version through distributors.

The Pegasus/Eggertspiele version even has the English rules in the box (as well as German) as indicated by the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Krumick
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
UNLV
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know who manufactures the versions for Eggertspiele and Stronghold?

Stronghold had Ludofact manufacture Terraforming Mars and the components came off with a very cheap low budget feel to them. Hoping there is either an improvement here or a different manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fr33py wrote:
Anyone know who manufactures the versions for Eggertspiele and Stronghold?

Stronghold had Ludofact manufacture Terraforming Mars and the components came off with a very cheap low budget feel to them. Hoping there is either an improvement here or a different manufacturer.

I guess Eggertspiele use Ludofact as well - it is one of the major boardgame manufacturers. Ludofact have manufactured (and still do) some of the highest quality board games too.

I don't know if the Terraforming Mars issue is partly a function of Ludofact Germany vs Ludofact China, or partly a function of publisher requirements, or both.

Great Western Trail has no component issues I have seen, it looks and feels like a standard euro-game in terms of its components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.