Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Reimschiissel
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's currently between printings and out of stock most places or listed above MSRP on others. I snagged a copy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00855FMXM/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Agricola all creatures big and small 32.24 on Amazon
Many thanks for this, just grabbed one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - thanks!! I grabbed one also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I glanced this post while on my way to another thread and immediately hit the back button, came here, and ordered one. I've been wanting this game for a while. Thanks much, Dan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this and checked a few of the recent reviews on Amazon. It seems that for some recent recipients, the tiles have been in languages other than English. This gave me enough pause to pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weevol wrote:
Saw this and checked a few of the recent reviews on Amazon. It seems that for some recent recipients, the tiles have been in languages other than English. This gave me enough pause to pass.

Amazon has always been good to fix issues like this in the past. I have gotten a couple of non English games and they either let me return them or just keep them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sleep l
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weevol wrote:

Wow, good catch!

For anyone on the fence, there are only 5 different tiles in the base game (one of them double-sided), with clear iconography and explanations for the tiles and board action spaces in the rules. Of course it's easy for me to say without being in this situation, but I don't think this would detract from the game. (If I didn't already have this game I might be tempted to get a foreign language edition just to add "character.")

Note: I would steer clear of any non-English versions of the expansions, though, as those have a lot more necessary text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this price, it might be worth the gamble. Plus it'll be kinda exciting waiting for my copy to show up, wondering what's inside. Haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Party_Clown wrote:
weevol wrote:

Amazon has always been good to fix issues like this in the past. I have gotten a couple of non English games and they either let me return them or just keep them.

I bought a copy of Edo off Amazon some time back and there was nothing in the description that it was a German language edition. It only said made in Germany. When I called customer service to work it out, the rep told me that I should have known based on it being made in Germany. I informed them that many designer games are so that didn't matter. It didn't get anywhere and I was stuck printing out my own English rules. Luckily the components are language independent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've never played it, but bought it anyway.

I struggle to find people to play the games that need several people. I thus end up playing a lot of 2 player games with my wife. This will be a nice addition to break the 7 wonders duel, lost cities, sushi go, rotation we have now.

Thanks for the find OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I am annoyed that the 1st expansion seems impossible to obtain.

I have the 2nd and the base game already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (Deadish, now 39.99) Agricola all creatures big and small 32.24 on Amazon
I'm glad I jumped on the deal earlier. Not that $40 is a LOT more than $32, but still something I'm glad for. It will be interesting if it's in another language... I guess I'll find out when it arrives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hesse
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
Party_Clown wrote:
weevol wrote:

I bought a copy of Edo off Amazon some time back and there was nothing in the description that it was a German language edition. It only said made in Germany. When I called customer service to work it out, the rep told me that I should have known based on it being made in Germany. I informed them that many designer games are so that didn't matter. It didn't get anywhere and I was stuck printing out my own English rules. Luckily the components are language independent.

I had a similar experience and then wrote that one star review people are mentioning here. Amazon then sent me a refund upon return of the game, but no replacement .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
povertidonki wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Yes, I am also annoyed at this. Would love to have both as the game is really fun with both.

Both expansions are in-between prints. I was seriously considering getting them in French, but they have more text than the core game, as someone already mentioned. I speak French, but nobody else I play with does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reimschiissel
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine today. Zman English version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I don't own any versions/copies of Agricola -

Is the above Amazon link for the first or second version? Also what expansions can I get for either versions?

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBelmont wrote:
I don't own any versions/copies of Agricola -

Is the above Amazon link for the first or second version? Also what expansions can I get for either versions?

Thanks for any help.

This is actually for the 2-player only game Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, which is different than regular Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reimschiissel
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to 32.07

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Montego
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Will Mayfair print them to match the current Z-Man version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
rhymechizel wrote:
Back to 32.07

Thanks, grabbed a copy this time. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
povertidonki wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Yes, I am also annoyed at this. Would love to have both as the game is really fun with both.

Both expansions are in-between prints. I was seriously considering getting them in French, but they have more text than the core game, as someone already mentioned. I speak French, but nobody else I play with does.

I haven't seen any indication that the reprints will happen. Annoying, but not surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
andrews777 wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:
povertidonki wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

I haven't seen any indication that the reprints will happen. Annoying, but not surprising.

We like but don't love All Creatures Big And Small so we never got the expansions but I've always wondered...could you just print and play? While they wouldn't match exactly, it seems like pasting actual size images on mat board would work pretty well if you had the images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
We like but don't love All Creatures Big And Small so we never got the expansions but I've always wondered...could you just print and play? While they wouldn't match exactly, it seems like pasting actual size images on mat board would work pretty well if you had the images.

I think you randomly pick tiles, but I could be off on that.

The purist/completist in me would still not like it, though it is an option if I really wanted those tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine today and is the English version, with rule book in English but tiles in Dutch. Have any body successfully contacted Z-Man to get replacement tiles? I've read in the forums that they don't answer right away and I'm afraid that if I wait too long I'll miss the window to return my copy to Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dbasalo wrote:
I received mine today and is the English version, with rule book in English but tiles in Dutch. Have any body successfully contacted Z-Man to get replacement tiles? I've read in the forums that they don't answer right away and I'm afraid that if I wait too long I'll miss the window to return my copy to Amazon.
Sounds like this is the fault of the seller. There is a Dutch edition and I'm sure that's what you received. Everything in the box is as it should be from Z-Man. I would first try to contact the seller and have them replace your copy with an English version (if possible). It's really not Z-Man's fault that the seller sold you a Dutch version.

That being said if the seller is no help then Z-Man may help you out regardless because most the components are language independent. So, it wouldn't be as if you would need half of everything in the box replaced. That would be totally at their discretion. Z-Man has excellent customer service and in my experience is fast to respond to emails. Of course, if they don't have replacement parts then there's nothing they can do. Which seems possible given the availability of the game is sparse.

I hope everything works out for you in the end! At worst you get a full refund from Amazon. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.