Subject: Thunderstone Reversed Is Dungeon Keeper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The various attempts to take the pc video game 'dungeon keeper' and turn it into a board game have always seemed somewhat 'off'. Like a cheap knock off of a Pixar movie it always seemed. Strange.

I own thunderstone as a solo game and it occurred to me that its gameplay and addictive quality would fit dungeon keeper if the overall theme was reversed.

Instead of playing as a kind of 'hero wrangler' throwing them into towns and dungeons, you play as a 'dungeon lord' managing your minions. Throwing them up against invading 'heroes' and making sure that by the end of the game that you've defended your dungeon.

I don't mean to use the same cards in reverse but to switch the theme around. So that the village is all dungeon themed with various traps, gold, housing, training equipment, etc. What would previously have been called the dungeon now becomes the outer world from which goodie two shoe heroes invade.

For the present the whole concept seems fresh and exciting but I'm never the first out of the gate to propose such a thing. Still I can dream.

Narration from the world map of Dungeon Keeper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fIjqwe3TcA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.