Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One 4p go that I posted a brief Session on.

However, near impossible to not have some rules issues:

1 Where is the demarcation between Mesa Junction and Bessemer? We played that the long line of Factory locations were in Bessemer.

2 We missed the play a Mansion where ever you wish as part of setup. Won't do that again, but I would assume you could place cubes and build houses adjacent to that Mansion even though it is not part of the City Grid - as in growing out from the middle?

3 Clarification on the Event decks (which we also messed up) 4P game:

1890 has 48 cards of which 28 are dealt; 4 come from the City Planner and Players discard 4 leaving each P with hand of 5 and 2 banked. The remaining 16 cards form a "main deck" per Clean Up.

1900 rolls around: You take the "main deck" from above then shuffle in the 4 discards from Era 1 AND shuffle in the 41 1900 event cards. So from a deck of 16 remaining Era 1 cards +4 Era 1 discards and 41 Era 2 cards you have 61 cards. 32 cards are dealt/given by the City Planner; 4 are banked/P, 1 discard/P, leaving a "main deck" with 29 cards and the 4 discards to the side.

1910 there are 33 cards (29 Era 1/2 + 4 discards) plus Era 3 with 17 cards given a draw deck of 50 cards. 20 are dealt out and 4 from the CP.

Ignoring the Events that have players draw extra cards, is this correct?

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It took me a few looks to see it, but the demarcation is by color. Each neighborhood is colored differently. I believe you are correct, that the large block of factories is part of Bessemer.

2. Your assumption is correct, although once placed a Mansion "extends" the grid so that spaces adjacent to the Mansion are now available for development.

3. Mostly correct. There will almost certainly be more than 4 discards in the discard deck once the Era 2 rolls around. Any card that is played (for MM or as an event) with the little arrow-following-arrow in the corner means it's recurring, and gets discarded instead of removed from the game. All such cards will also be shuffled in to help form the Era 2 maindeck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clear up. Totally missed the "Recur" symbol in the lower left...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.