Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, so this is something inspired by the imminent arrival of Deadpool and by the discussions in the forums. I wanted to try something different for fun and it has changed the game somewhat, I have never done anything like this so I hope it works well. I've played through it once making changes as I've gone so any feedback would be appreciated. Enjoy!

Deadpool breaks the forth wall

Mastermind Deadpool

He can’t be fought, there is no separate scheme, he wants to win so beat him.

Deadpool is the nth player. I used the card, Shiklah’s Husband (from her MMTs), to indicate Deadpool.
The mastermind space is Deadpool’s hand, his victory card pile. Players may attack the top two cards per round. Heroes attack value are recruit +1. Bystanders are 2 attack only. Heroes go to your discard pile, everything else to your victory pile.

Add 11 twists to the villain deck.

Twists count as Master Strikes until a Master Strike card appears, keep them in the MS pile separate from the normal twists.

Master Strikes 1-5: Deadpool enters the HQ on the left and moves to the right with each Master Strike.
Villain’s above him have +5 attack.
He takes the hero that he lands on into his hand, (their recruit counts to his VP), and then captures a bystander. There is one HQ space less. If he captures himself, (i.e. a Deadpool card) that card’s recruit is worth double (counting as his VPs or to attack). After the Fifth Master Strike has taken effect, all 5 Master Strike cards (counting the Twists used as Master Strikes or any other cards that became scheme twists that were played as master strikes), are shuffled back into the Villain deck, twists or other cards are no longer Master Strikes. Deadpool remains where he is on the closest space to the hero deck.

Master Stikes 6-8
: Deadpool takes the highest VP villain in the city. If there are no villains there Deadpool steals your highest cost hero from you (out of your deck, discard and hand) and replaces it with a wound. Then he captures a bystander. Then he turns over the top card of the villain deck.

Master Strikes 9 and 10
: Deadpool steals your highest cost hero from you (out of your deck, discard and hand) and replaces it with two wounds. He captures a bystander and then he turns over the top card of the villain deck.

After the first real Master Strike card twists are as follows:
Twist 1-5: Deadpool takes the villain above him, if the city space is empty he turns over the top card of the villain deck until there is a villain above him and takes that. He then takes a bystander. He then turns over the top card of the villain deck.
Twist 6-10: Deadpool takes the villain with the highest VP in the city, if there are none, he turns over the top card of the villain deck until there is a villain above him and takes the highest VP villain in the city. He takes the heroes to the left and to the right of him (should he be in the right most space, next to the hero deck, the card to the right is the top card of the hero deck), then he takes a bystander. Deadpool turns over the top card of the villain deck.
Twist 11 onward: Deadpool steals your highest cost hero from you (out of your deck, discard and hand) and replaces it with three wounds, then he captures a bystander and then he turns over the top card of the villain deck.

Villains escape directly into his Victory Pile. There can be no other Masterminds, everything ends in his Victory Pile.

Game ends when there is no card to draw from the villain deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.