Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have a copy of the base game and expansion. It is setup with the expansion cards mixed in, and some original cards removed as per expansion instructions. I have a 2nd copy of the base game that is unopened. I am wondering what I should do. For 4 players, I personally prefer the base game cards.

Poll
Would you...
open the 2nd copy, to have a game that is preset for play with base cards?
keep the 2nd copy for trade or sale for a later date?
sell the 2nd copy soon, while the game still has a lot attention?
do something else.
      66 answers
Poll created by bbblasterfire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Save keys to open doors...
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 4:

Give it to me! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Although the value is going to soar, don't give in to it. Sell it at its normal price. This is a great game. More people deserve to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Organous wrote:
Although the value is going to soar, don't give in to it. Sell it at its normal price. This is a great game. More people deserve to see it.

How will the price he sells it at affect the number of people that play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It makes the game more accessible. I play the Marvel Legendary deck building game, and Fantastic Four is effectively banned from it because it's so ridiculously expensive. Nobody but the most hardcore of fans would buy what normally would've been about $20 when it reaches 10x that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need money? (I mean, most of us need money, but like . . . do you really?)

The price will go up.

I would hold it until it hits pretty high then sell it. I have no problem extracting money from people who have an excess.

Some people, as have already expressed so in this thread, think you should give back to the gaming community and sell out of print, valuable game at no profit. That's certainly nice. And easy if you don't need money.

So, how much do you care about money? How much do you want a warm fuzzy feeling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Do you need money? (I mean, most of us need money, but like . . . do you really?)

The price will go up.

I would hold it until it hits pretty high then sell it. I have no problem extracting money from people who have an excess.

Some people, as have already expressed so in this thread, think you should give back to the gaming community and sell out of print, valuable game at no profit. That's certainly nice. And easy if you don't need money.

So, how much do you care about money? How much do you want a warm fuzzy feeling?

If and when I were to sell it, I'd definitely look to make some money off the sale as the game tied up my money while it was sitting on my game shelf.

It makes no sense to sell it well below market value as there really is no guarantee that the person that buys it will play it. If I did that, the person that bought it, would probably resell the game right after buying it and do so at market value and turn a quick profit.

If anyone wants to get this game for a good price, I believe there are a bunch of copies being sold on ebay at or close to MSRP. Better move quick though, I'm pretty confident the prices will start to soar sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
I am actually sorely tempted to pick up an extra copy (it is still readily available here) as a backup in case something happens to my original copy of this soon-to-be-irreplaceable classic.

So if I were you, I would definitely hang on to it for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:

QFT!

This isn't medicine or food we're talking about here, but a box of cardboard and plastic entertainment.

If 100 people want to buy it, but one person will pay three times more than the others, why -not- sell it to the highest bidder? You have no guarantee one person will play it more or less than another, nor do you know it would mean more to one person than another (although I'm sure you can get all sorts of good sob stories if you ask for them. Some of them are even likely to be true).

My only advice is to sell sooner rather than later. As much as people go on about how great CitOW is, the fact remains that it's been around a while and other games have taken its crown. Now that it'll likely cost as much as a copy of Cthulhu Wars, I figure you're better off getting CW. I doubt it'll ever regularly reach much higher than two hundred and fifty bucks (and that's with Horned Rat), because FFG tends to have large print runs, and it sounds like this one had some international localized prints on top of that. Fact is, there's a lot of copies out there that'll drive prices down once the market realizes the demand is less than the supply.

Or not.

Eric Lang is still a rising star, Chaos maintains it popularity well, and CitOW does get consistently mentioned in threads about asymetric games for multiple players. Plus, on top of it all, it's actually a good game!

So yeah.... I mean, when you're in the speculation market you gotta' know when to jump ship and sell, and if everybody knows when that is... nobody knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.