William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Like many here, I design board games on the side -- mostly for my own fun. I put quite a bit of work into some of them. Will I ever have one published (either through me or someone else)? I don't know yet.

Presumably we don't want to include games in the database where one copy exists in the world (and no others may ever come to pass), but perhaps intent is more important than prevalence? If I were currently more ambitious (out there flogging my wares), would that be the time to add items to the BGG database? Or do I need to make a sale -- or at least make the "game parts" available via download (GIY -- glue it yourself).

It's mostly a matter of curiosity at this point; I'm not itching to put something up. I just wondered what others (especially other game designers) thought about it.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mst3k4ever wrote:
Hi,

Like many here, I design board games on the side -- mostly for my own fun. I put quite a bit of work into some of them. Will I ever have one published (either through me or someone else)? I don't know yet.

Presumably we don't want to include games in the database where one copy exists in the world (and no others may ever come to pass), but perhaps intent is more important than prevalence? If I were currently more ambitious (out there flogging my wares), would that be the time to add items to the BGG database? Or do I need to make a sale -- or at least make the "game parts" available via download (GIY -- glue it yourself).

It's mostly a matter of curiosity at this point; I'm not itching to put something up. I just wondered what others (especially other game designers) thought about it.

Cheers!

I think you'd probably get traction as long as the game is available in playable form to other people, so "GIY" as you call it would probably be the minimum required. I know there are plenty of games listed which only reach that threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's about what I figured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.