$30.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Any idea how to get more dice for this? I'm really frustrated at FFG's Cthulu line of games and their anemic dice count. At least 5 for this is better than 4 for Eldritch, but passing dice around is SO freaking obnoxious.

I gladly paid ~7 bucks per set for extra Descent/IA dice. I'm not seeing any such thing for any of their Cthulu lines.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
Avatar
mb
SeanLuc wrote:
Any idea how to get more dice for this? I'm really frustrated at FFG's Cthulu line of games and their anemic dice count. At least 5 for this is better than 4 for Eldritch, but passing dice around is SO freaking obnoxious.

I gladly paid ~7 bucks per set for extra Descent/IA dice. I'm not seeing any such thing for any of their Cthulu lines.

Yep, many would happily pay more for their Cthulhu Mythos games as well as many others. A similar thread is there for Star Wars: Rebellion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wholeheartedly agree. I always buy extra dice if I have the chance.

To be fair though, there are extra dice available for Arkham Horror. Or are these some special ones? I don't have the game so I wouldn't know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're special dice - red d8s with black symbols. There's a petition for a separate dice pack on their forums here-
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227641-petiti...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is FFG. There will be extra dice sets, unless the game tanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Beeson

West Virginia
msg tools
Its the sky writers' code!
badge
I am so sick of that damn code!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use regular D8s until FF release an offical dice set. 1-3 fail, 4-5 clue, 6-8 success.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:
This is FFG. There will be extra dice sets, unless the game tanks.


Star Wars Rebellion hasn't gotten any and it could very easily use them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnathan Gopen
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Jackelantern wrote:
martimer wrote:
This is FFG. There will be extra dice sets, unless the game tanks.


Star Wars Rebellion hasn't gotten any and it could very easily use them.


Why do you need them? It's built into Rebellion's rules that you can't roll more dice than those that come with the game.

This is not the case with this game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
dbeeson wrote:
You could use regular D8s until FF release an offical dice set. 1-3 fail, 4-5 clue, 6-8 success.


Whoa.

:mindblown:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
dbeeson wrote:
You could use regular D8s until FF release an offical dice set. 1-3 fail, 4-5 clue, 6-8 success.


Whoa.

:mindblown:

Of if you have Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, just use the Defense dice. Blanks are blanks, Focuses are Clues, and Evades are Successes.

-shnar
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
shnar wrote:
SeanLuc wrote:
dbeeson wrote:
You could use regular D8s until FF release an offical dice set. 1-3 fail, 4-5 clue, 6-8 success.


Whoa.

:mindblown:

Of if you have Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, just use the Defense dice. Blanks are blanks, Focuses are Clues, and Evades are Successes.

-shnar


I may have been being a tad snarky in my response Of course I'm aware of the plethora of proxy possibilities, it's just extremely frustrating that this entire line of games is severely lacking in the dice department, for the two reasons I've outlined. Especially considering they only have 1 die type each. At least Descent/IA made some sense given they had like 8 or 9 different dice.

I'm still on the lookout for the off-size 14mm dice that Eldritch uses. I've found them to be perfect size for rolling pools of 6 to sometimes 12ish dice on one roll, whereas 16mm are too big, and 12mm are a tad too small. Chessex is a no-go, but I did pick up some 12's just so I didn't have to pass dice around, or re-roll a ton of them. Argh! shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true, more dice are needed in a lot of FFG games, but I found it nicely convenient that the blanks/focus/success were the same between the X-Wing Green Dice and the MoM2 dice.

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalamarth wrote:
Jackelantern wrote:
martimer wrote:
This is FFG. There will be extra dice sets, unless the game tanks.


Star Wars Rebellion hasn't gotten any and it could very easily use them.


Why do you need them? It's built into Rebellion's rules that you can't roll more dice than those that come with the game.

This is not the case with this game.
Many gamers (far more than the half I have met) like to have their own set of dice. Trying to get them to share is an exercise in frustration. It is almost comical.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.