$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Churchill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Once placed, can Naval Support be moved in subsequent rounds to other Theaters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's in the rules I'm overlooking it, but my hunch is since nowhere I'm seeing says one can then it's not possible, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Once naval support is placed it cannot be moved do a different location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Eddie,

I agree with your reply, but only from an intuitive position. It's also how I play and assume it's how Mark intends the game to be played. So the question has never come up during my games. But now that it has, it's one of those "Hmmm... that's a good question" questions!

Regardless, it sounds like Bernie is also looking for where in the rules it says that. I just finished looking through the book myself, for a reference and couldn't find one to support the answer.

Do you have a reference? Otherwise, intuitively, the answer falls under the axiom that, if the rules don't say you can, then you can't.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
In ASL parlance, COWTRA: concentrate on what the rules allow. The rules do not allow you to move naval support markers, so you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stepped through all the rules with the word "naval" in them. It only talks about placing Naval Support Markers with Production or Conference Cards or Theater Bonuses. Therefore, we can safely assume that since the rules don't explain How or When a Naval unit dedicated to one theater can be transferred to another legally.

One point of note for me. I didn't know that there was a Maximum of 5 Naval Units in a Theater Box. I don't think I've ever seen it exceeded, but nonetheless. :-)

Edit: Um, I guess I meant to say that I agree with Steven!!!! I took too long researching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
patton1138 wrote:
In ASL parlance, COWTRA: concentrate on what the rules allow. The rules do not allow you to move naval support markers, so you can't.

Do the rules state that you remove Support markers at the end of the turn?
DOes it specify ground vs Naval?
If not then remove naval?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 7.71 specifies that OFFENSIVE support markers are to be removed after a die roll for front advancement.

Naval support markers are removed by 7.62 (3) Battle of the Atlantic and (8) if the roll sends an army to the Arctic, 7.64 (5) Battle of the Philippine Sea and Leyte Gulf.

I believe those are the only cases in which support markers are removed. Since all Fronts will attempt to advance all Offensive Support markers will be removed. Naval Support markers are only removed if the above conditions are met.

There is no rule that allows you to move Naval Support markers from one theater to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.