7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hero Movement (Rules Unclear) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sz
Canada
flag msg tools
How many spaces can each hero/survivor move per action. I've read over the rules book, which talks about zones and doesn't give me a a clear answer.

What I'm trying to understand is say for example I have a hero on street square and there are multiple street squares I can move to (no zombies on any of them). I want to move three squares as one movement action. How far can I move per action?

Any clarification you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one space per action unless a particular skill says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pszajak wrote:
How many spaces can each hero/survivor move per action. I've read over the rules book, which talks about zones and doesn't give me a a clear answer.

I have a hero on street square....multiple street squares...move three squares...

Space, zone, square? What do you think distinguishes each? Have you checked p.9 under Useful definitions: Zone? That really should clear things up, between the definition and the illustration. How about p.11 about Movement 'move from one zone to another..'? And finally p.19 'The possible actions are..Move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't like how the zones were described and it wasn't clear what counted as a zone on the streets. It seemed like you could move all the way across the board on your turn if you had the right tiles out and set up. It didn't make any sense so we divided the tiles into 9 squares # and count each as a zone. Can't move diagonally or through walls. Works good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the street Zones currently released are delimited according to the grid, so you are correct to divide them on a 3*3 grid. Only rooms are unaligned to the grid (and most are).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:
We didn't like how the zones were described and it wasn't clear what counted as a zone on the streets. It seemed like you could move all the way across the board on your turn if you had the right tiles out and set up. It didn't make any sense so we divided the tiles into 9 squares # and count each as a zone. Can't move diagonally or through walls. Works good.

yea, that`s how it was designed.. pretty much each tile is a 3x3 grid, but some rooms are rectangle (1x2) instead of "1 square" or grid area.
the rooms you can easy differentiate because they are divided for a "wall edge"

The only I had problem was some street, the lines are not clear; but ask and read around and it was consensus that as modern zombicide all streets are 1x1

@OP one action = one move = one zone; except special abilities e.g. jump, bloodlust... enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sz
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot guys for clearing this up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.