Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Whitaker
Canada
Close to Saint John
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else quite content getting their name written down for there achievements? Played my friends copy twice and twice got the 6 stars without winning achievement. 3 factions to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a small thing, but I really like the achievement sheet. My only complaint is that almost all of the achievements are about winning. Which makes sense in a way, but I think it would be cool to be able to put your name down for something really out there like controlling 15 hexes at one point during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel: We kind of aimed for that type of achievement with the in-game objectives, though I understand that achieving one of them doesn't carry the same level of satisfaction as writing down your name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. It's that permanence of ink that really makes it official. Thanks for the great game Jamey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After half-filling the front of the achievement sheet, and having people not be eligible for writing down their name a few times recently, I only just noticed it's double-sided... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xorsyst xorsyst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkufan89 wrote:
It's a small thing, but I really like the achievement sheet. My only complaint is that almost all of the achievements are about winning. Which makes sense in a way, but I think it would be cool to be able to put your name down for something really out there like controlling 15 hexes at one point during the game.

I think a fan-made printable sheet of additional weird achievements is entirely worth making if you're offering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fern Bymob
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, it's so hot to write down your name and like Daniel said: It's a small thing, but I really like the achievement sheet."

The game would still be great without it, but it's just greater with it!! Thanks Jamey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I got the idea from Power Grid: First Sparks.

xorsyst: Absolutely! I like fan-made stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this game yet, first time will be a 3 or 4 player tomorrow night. I am very anxious. I was reading up a bit on the rules so I will be a little familiar with it, when I noticed the achievement sheet. It's a great idea and I hope more games come with this idea. I don't however understand the rule at the top "You may write down your name on the achievement sheet up to 2 times per game".

Why the rule? If I'm the first winner of a faction, the first winner for each player mat, and the first winner of 2016, why can't I write my name down on all 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe: It's to prevent someone from writing down there name on a ton of achievements the first time they play, which takes the fun out of the achievement sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But then they become untrue. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, if it feels right to you to write down your name 8 times the first time you win, do it! It's your game. I'm just the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xorsyst xorsyst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to ignore that rule - I think I wrote my name down 4 or 5 times the first game. Personally I'd rather the sheet was "right" than follow the rule, but it's ultimately up to you.

However, I did include the rule that I won't fill it in for solo games (except the first time to win solo achievement!)

Also, another weird case that came up at my house - someone else brought their collectors edition and we played with that. Should I fill in my achievement sheet as well? I decided not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Hsiao
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I documented my victory in my friend's achievement sheet .... but in the WRONG spot! Felt really bad about it. I think this permanence stuff is not for me. I will stick to pencil in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Tato
msg tools
Hi there, quick question about the First winners each year achievement.

Do you win the achievement if the game started in 2016 but finished in 2017 (supposing you're playing in new year's eve)? Or does the game need to start in the new year to count?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Paco: I would say that either year could be used in that scenario. If it's your first game of Scythe, I would use the 2016 slot since it'll be your last opportunity to do so. Otherwise it would be fair to count as a 2017 game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Tato
msg tools
Hi Jamey, thanks for replying, and congratulations for your fab game, we really love it.

We've played many games already, and most of the achievements have been filled by now, so we were joking the other day soon we will only get one achievement a year, and we were wondering wether the game had to start&finish in the new year, or maybe it would be valid if we start the night of December 31st and finish just after celebrating the new year (Yeah, we take the achievements that seriously lol).

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion will help you add some more achievements for the new factions and player mats, though we didn't include an achievement sheet in the box (I didn't think of that), so a BGG user made an achievement sheet for it. I don't have the link handy, but it's probably on the Scythe: Invaders from Afar page on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleb Michaud
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the updated Achievement file listed here!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134665/achievment-sheet-i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Memphis
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game about three weeks ago, and since we're busy playing through Pandemic: Legacy and loving it, I loved the idea of the Achievements sheet.

I just started playing this week and was worried about only having 10 days left to claim the "First win in 2016" Achievement. I played once against the Automa (session in the Sessions area) and all I filled in was "First player to get six stars and not win" for Crimea.

Yesterday, I got to play a five-player game for the first time (only my second game overall counting the Automa game) and won with Polania Engineering. In all openess, two other players were playing for the first time, and one other was only playing for her second time, so I only had one 'veteran' as competition. This was my copy of the game and I was looking forward to writing in on the Achievements sheet. Now, since of my Pandemic: Legacy experience, I want to stick by the rule of only noting two achievements for my win on the sheet. But I qualify for more than one. I know I could fill in more, but I appreciate the spirit of the idea so I am going to stick to two.

The first win in 2016 one is a gimme since that was the one I felt I HAD to fill in.

BUT, can't decide what to put for my second achievement...

I also qualify for:

First Polania win
First Engineering win
First win for five player count
First winner with 6 or less Popularity (none of us reached 7 Popularity)

I'm thinking my other choice should be the one that would be most difficult to reach in future games, but I have no idea which one that would be. Or maybe take one that for sure someone else could take next time. So right now, I'm thinking I'm deciding between First win for five players or First winner with 6 or less Popularity.

What would you pick if you could only pick one of the above?

Thanks for any insight!
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.