Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
[edit] Sorry guys - I got full time employment and it has been very hectic trying to juggle everything. Hopefully I will have more time for art later but for now it has really hit the back-burner.

I don't know if this is the wrong place but I'm looking to take on projects to hone my skills and for fun.

I am looking to do some free art for people who have personal projects like mocking up boardgames, or entering boardgame design contests on these forums, or maybe running a role playing game and wanting some character portraits - that sort of thing.

I am offering my services free because I just want some creative fun - however this means that I can probably only take on one project at a time, and that I won't be offering a huge amount of editing to perfect these pictures - what you see is largely going to be what you get. For this reason I am also not offering these services to anyone with a commercial project.

Not even sure if anyone will be interested in this, but hey, can't hurt to ask

Here are some examples of my work:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
Re: Offering free art for personal projects
I like the feel of your stuff. Its got a neat mix of weird and whimsical. I have a project I've been working on off and on, but one of the major things that holds me back is my entire lack of arting skills. Its not a board game or boardgame adjacent thing though. It is creepy and weird, though. Actually, its an IF work that I think needs some images to really make it work. Don't know if you'd be interested in that kind of thing, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Hammuabi wrote:
I like the feel of your stuff. Its got a neat mix of weird and whimsical. I have a project I've been working on off and on, but one of the major things that holds me back is my entire lack of arting skills. Its not a board game or boardgame adjacent thing though. It is creepy and weird, though. Actually, its an IF work that I think needs some images to really make it work. Don't know if you'd be interested in that kind of thing, though.

Sounds fun. Mail me with more details? At the most basic I'd like to know what the project is, what your specs are for art (like if you're looking for full-page/large pictures or smaller portraits or what), what your time-frame is for getting art back, and well... what you want drawn up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
Sure. I'll have time to do a write up for ya, if not today, then definitely tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could draw even remotely like this ..
And you shrug it off as "not a huge amount of editing"..

I could see that violet dog-thingy in a "plushies vs. nightmares" rpg I'm working on every once in a while, so, yeah, keep up th great work!

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Paladin82Y wrote:
I am sure that you will have a ton of folks ask for your help.

That's the idea.

schattentanz wrote:
I wish I could draw even remotely like this ..
And you shrug it off as "not a huge amount of editing"..

I could see that violet dog-thingy in a "plushies vs. nightmares" rpg I'm working on every once in a while, so, yeah, keep up th great work!

TBH the violet dog thingy was a bit of fun to draw - it was actually spawned in an RPG session too I'd be pretty excited to do more of the same if you're interested in art for that RPG of yours sometime.

In regards to the editing comment, it was more in regards to how much time I am willing to put into changing pictures if people decide they want something different, but I think no matter how good you get at drawing you always want to be better. I've seen the work of the other artists offering their services here. They could probably sketch up a concept in five minutes that would make you and me drool. I am not aiming to get that good, I'm just aiming to have a bit of fun. Incidentally, some of the most fun I have had recently was drawing up pictures for a bunch of cards for the August 24 hour contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe ..

If you need an inspiration for stuff to draw, my RPG could use:
- A Plushie on a bed, defending a sleeping child by fighting off some nightmarish beast.
- Plushies walking a dreamscape.
- "Nightmare stuff"
- Plushies and ... more plushies

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Just as a quick warning to those who are mailing me - I am traveling from Canada to New Zealand, so I will be out of contact for a few days but that doesn't mean I am ignoring your mail, just that I am languishing on a plane or in an airport until the 15th and internet access will be patchy at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
Thanks for the heads up. I hope your journey is pleasant, or at least trouble free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desi W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love free art for a game I'm designing. I'd like to print some cards wit art. I was just going to do stick figures but if you're available, that would be so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Mail me details? There is a bit of a back-log building up but we can start discussing what you're looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Wow this has been great so far I know I have a bit of a waiting list now so let me say thanks for the patience and for the great projects to work on

If you want to keep up with the work I'm doing for these projects, you can find it on my tumblr http://learntolovenat1.tumblr.com/ it also shows why I had to take a bit of a break (to let my fingers heal >.> heheh Waitomo is vicious but one of the best experiences ever, if you are lucky enough to find yourself in North Island, NZ)

Other than that I have the following still to go (in this order):
Mages for Feraswheel
Monsters and plushies for Schattentanz
Under Da Sea for Lynnedesiree
Logo for Bombadillo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, sorry I am a bit behind. Still trying to get art up but it is a bit slow at the moment as I managed to get second degree burns on my thumb due to a bit of an accident with a hot glue-gun. It's all ok, but it is a little difficult to get the drawings as clean as I would like so going is slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirza Rachmat
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Offering free art for personal
You're so generous. Do you still open your waiting list? I love your drawings and it would be perfect in my card-strategy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar the Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
pragues90 wrote:
You're so generous. Do you still open your waiting list? I love your drawings and it would be perfect in my card-strategy game.

Thanks at the moment it is quite the waiting list. As I mentioned I am having issues with a hand injury, but if your project is not time-sensitive and you are willing to wait for a bit then I would love to help you out. Can you PM me details?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.