Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
BoLS has an update today on the new Blood Bowl. Don't think there is anything here we didn't already know, or hadn't already guessed. Although - I don't know how I missed it before - it seems the game might be coming out this year, not next year.

It looks great.

Linky: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/09/blood-bowl-gw-teaser-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannot wait any longer....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, that mentions colored (blue and green) plastics in the box, but higher quality resin upgrades sold separately.

Are the pics we are seeing the models in the box, or the upgrade teams?

If I'm going to end up having to buy the resin upgrades anyway, I'm not paying ~100$ just for a double-sided pitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:
Wait, that mentions colored (blue and green) plastics in the box, but higher quality resin upgrades sold separately.

If I'm going to end up having to buy the resin upgrades anyway, I'm not paying ~100$ just for a double-sided pitch.

I expect the pictures are all masters of the box contents at the moment.

Seems like there will be blue (human) and green (orc), push-fit plastic miniatures in the box (like the old second edition). There will then be plastics for elves, and a few other popular teams.

Most extras (extra teams, named characters, etc.) are going to be resin by the looks of it. I guess the may also make resin human and orc teams for people who want to use those in place of the plastics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope they put some quality in the starter box, I've been holding off buying another Human team because of it.

OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they intentionally put inferior plastics in to sell the "team upgrades" in resin. That would be inline with GW's style.

Either way, I guess worst-case I just grab the new pitch on eBay and buy the resin team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:
I really hope they put some quality in the starter box, I've been holding off buying another Human team because of it.

OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they intentionally put inferior plastics in to sell the "team upgrades" in resin. That would be inline with GW's style.

Either way, I guess worst-case I just grab the new pitch on eBay and buy the resin team.

I expect the miniatures to be excellent, like they have been in every other GW boxed game. GW has a reputation to maintain, and they aren't going to ruin that by purposefully making anything poor quality. I imagine the resin stuff is going to be for the smaller runs, like less popular teams and heroes. I have never been disappointed with GW plastics to date, and can't see that changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:

Those are the included models in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:

I'm curious, when has GW ever done something like this before? Either intentionally sold inferior plastics or sold resin replacements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
They really better come with coloured rings for the bases. I hope the display models don't have them purely because they are display models.

Is it going to have the same problem with big guys not fitting on the pitch? Looks likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
They really better come with coloured rings for the bases. I hope the display models don't have them purely because they are display models.

Is it going to have the same problem with big guys not fitting on the pitch? Looks likely.

The plastic is two different colours. Should be easy to tell apart.

Each field of the board is 5mm larger in each direction, making more room for big guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:

As already said, the base game has teams in two colours, which is handy for people who just want to buy and play the game.

I wouldn't expect base rings for the resin stuff, because GW are going to work on the assumption that people buying the resin are going to paint it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

I'm curious, when has GW ever done something like this before? Either intentionally sold inferior plastics or sold resin replacements?

Yes.

In ye olde days, when all plastics were considered inferior to metal (before the higher quality resins were available), they included plastic teams in the 93 box, and sold metal versions of those teams separately.

Like this:

Also note each position in the original box was single sculpt, with a variety of sculpts in the "upgrade" box.

I just hope they put what we've seen so far in the box, makes it easier for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

You mean prototypes of the models? All the pics so far show gray models (or fully painted), the update in the OP states the box will include all blue or green models only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Crows wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

You mean prototypes of the models? All the pics so far show gray models (or fully painted), the update in the OP states the box will include all blue or green models only.

Pretty sure they are masters; but that is definitely the style/quality I am expecting out of the box. If you have opened any of their other boxed games recently, you will know the current plastic quality they can produce. It ain't like the old days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
Somecity
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

Each field of the board is 5mm larger in each direction, making more room for big guys.

Room for the big guys is good, but I was talking about coloured base rings for player type, not to distinguish teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Nors wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

Room for the big guys is good, but I was talking about coloured base rings for player type, not to distinguish teams.

The player types are distinguished by the models. This isn't going to be like the old second edition, where all the models were exactly the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
I've wanted to get into Blood Bowl for a long time, especially raising two boys, all I can hope for this time around is that every team and star player is offered in plastic to keep things as affordable as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piccadilly wrote:
I've wanted to get into Blood Bowl for a long time, especially raising two boys, all I can hope for this time around is that every team and star player is offered in plastic to keep things as affordable as possible

Read the posts again. Some plastic sets and then some stuff in resin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:

I read the post, more than once, and it doesn't change my hope that they will at some point decide to do the rest in plastic even if the current plan is some in each, that's why it's a hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piccadilly wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:

I read the post, more than once, and it doesn't change my hope that they will at some point decide to do the rest in plastic even if the current plan is some in each, that's why it's a hope

Just don't hold your breath. Rumours suggest there will be six teams in plastic, which is really good; but I wouldn't expect them to make the resin stuff into plastic as they are probably doing that because they only expect to make small quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:

Just don't hold your breath. Rumours suggest there will be six teams in plastic, which is really good; but I wouldn't expect them to make the resin stuff into plastic as they are probably doing that because they only expect to make small quantities.

I won't, I fully expect things will stay as planned but it would be nice if demand was high enough that it all came plastic eventually, resin is nice for the die hards that wanna pimp their copies but can often be outta price range for normal players. I'd rather give them say $200 for the other 4 teams in plastic and another day $200 for plastic star players than give them $200 for 2 resin teams and then probably nothing more as they already ate up what I could spend with the fancy versions, but in the end it's a business for them and if they don't wanna do it in plastic they won't and I'm ok with that too, but my completion it's side hopes they see it my way eventually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have tons of Blood Bowl stuff from the previous editions, but would definitely be interested in updated models. I hope it's somewhat affordable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This looks great. I also hope that they make plastic teams.. not the metal ones to keep things more friendly on the wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShirtRob wrote:
This looks great. I also hope that they make plastic teams.. not the metal ones to keep things more friendly on the wallet.

There won't be any metal. GW don't make anything in metal anymore. They are going to make a few teams in plastic, and the rest in resin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.