$20.00
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use the Enhanced Stealthy Jack to buy a card while in the village, it goes into my hand. Can I then use the gold from that card for further purchases? It seems like I should be able to, just as if I used the backpack to draw an item card and it had a gold value. But I wasn't sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I don't know the exact wording of the card, but anything it tells you to put in your hand can be played that turn. That's the advantage, you can get something that will help you now and use it, rather than getting something that you won't be able to see for several turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
oddbod wrote:
If I use the Enhanced Stealthy Jack to buy a card while in the village, it goes into my hand. Can I then use the gold from that card for further purchases?

Yes. Gold is treated like a trait; your total Gold is updated immediately any time a card with a gold value is added to or removed from your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darquil wrote:

Yes. Gold is treated like a trait; your total Gold is updated immediately any time a card with a gold value is added to or removed from your hand.

So what if you spend gold from a card then discard it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
oddbod wrote:
So what if you spend gold from a card then discard it?

That's fine. If you use a Village or Dungeon ability to buy a card, it is done with the Gold you have at that moment; it doesn't matter if your Gold subsequently decreases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.