Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, everything should be back on track and I should be able to produce more and on a more frequent basis. So it is back to our regular scheduled programming for now.

So I know the story of Civil War, but given the cards that we have been given in the newest expansion there is no good correlation to create everything as is. Therefore I will be altering some scenes to make them fit and to provide an interesting gaming experience.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With an influx of young heroes there needs to be direction, that is what Elsa Bloodstone was called in by SHIELD to do for the next generation of heroes. Meanwhile a new drug has hit the streets and supervillains have started using it. Elsa Bloodstone leads her team into investigate and find out where this all coming from only to run into villains that are causing mass havoc in Stamford threatening civilians. Will the new heroes be able to save the lives of Bystanders? Or will this new drug prove to be too much for the team? And who is even behind the sale of this drug?

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Secret Wars Vol. 2, Civil War, Dark City
Scheme: Nitro the Supervillain Threatens Crowds
Mastermind: Baron Helmut Zemo
Henchmen: Mandroid
Villain(s): Marauders
Heroes: Elsa Bloodstone, Stature, Speedball
Special: Champion: Add two Scheme Twists to the Villain Deck

2-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Secret Wars Vol. 2, Civil War, Dark City
Scheme: Nitro the Supervillain Threatens Crowds
Mastermind: Baron Helmut Zemo
Henchmen: Mandroid
Villain(s): Marauders, Thunderbolts
Heroes: Elsa Bloodstone, Stature, Speedball, Hukling, Patriot
Special: Champion: Add two Scheme Twists to the Villain Deck

3-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF

4-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF
Added Henchmen: Spider-Infected

5-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF, Spider Foes
Added Henchmen: Spider-Infected
Added Hero: Wiccan

Keep track of the extra stat of how many Bystanders you saved and how many were KOed or carried off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

Locclo
Game 1: Good Won!
Bystanders saved: 18; Casualties: 8
Player 1: 41

Heretek
Game 1: Evil Won!
Bystanders saved: 5; Casualties: 15

MichaelJB
Bystanders saved: 14; Casualties: 13
Player 1: 38

2-Players

usuba
Casualties: 4
Player 1: 59 (Bystanders Saved: 9)
Player 2: 21 (Bystanders Saved: 10)

SABird
Casualties: 13
Player 1 (Bird): 31 (Bystanders saved: 12)
Player 2 (Wife): 46 (Bystanders saved: 9)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New challenge! I was getting a little nervous for a while there, hope everything's going alright.

Golden solo rules:

Game 1: Good wins! Final score: 41 (less if you count KO'd bystanders as negatives). Rescued 18, 8 KO'd, 0 escaped.

I was worried looking at this setup, just knowing that Marauders would be crazy strong if they got too many bystanders. What wound up being the greater peril, however, was that the Marauders would come in, fill the city with bystanders, and then a twist would KO a bunch of them at once. Luckily, there were lots of ways to KO heroes (Elsa Bloodstone + Mandroids) and so I was able to quickly clear my starting deck and start smacking the mastermind around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo play:
Good lost.
5 bystanders saved
15 bystanders KO'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Solo Mode

Good won!

Rescued 14 Bystanders, 13 were KO'd

Victory Pile
* Bystanders: 14 VP
* Henchmen: 0
* Villains: 18 VP
* Mastermind Tactics: 24 VP
56 VP

KO'd Bystanders: 13
Carried off Bystanders: 0
Escaped Villains: 0
Scheme Twists in KO pile: 6

Final Score: 56 - (6*3) = 38

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two player Good wins! Final Blow.

Player 1 59 (inc 9 bystanders)
Player 2 21 (inc 10 bystanders)

4 bystanders KO'd

non escaped.

I think I hit it lucky, other than one twist that KO'd bystanders I managed to hit every villain with bystanders asap. Then a cascade of good fortune came to me, in no other scheme would I want this, I had just cleared the city of villains when for the next five villain card draws each one was a twist, so I couldn't add bystanders and turned all my attack to Baron Helmut Zemo, with 9 villains in my vp he stood no chance.

Hope I played that right, I considered giving the MM the bystanders but it would have change nothing as he is not a villain and is not in the city, I also hit him three times to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Players
Good Won!

Me:31
She: 46

Bystanders in KO pile: 13
Bystanders escaped: 0
Bystanders in my victory pile: 12
Bystanders in her victory pile: 9

Blockbuster was pretty brutal to us. He was just out of our reach for I believe 4 Twists in a row, repeatedly KOing and re-capturing 3 Bystanders. Then Chimera came out and revealed no Bystanders, but one Twist. So if we couldn't take Blockbuster out in the following 1-3 hands, we were dead. And even if we did, Chimera would then become even more powerful! No dice taking either out that turn. Or the next. Or the next, when I was about to take out Chimera for 3 but my wife told me "Nope" under any circumstances was I to do that, since it would make her discard her first massive attack hand of the game which had come just in the nick of time. She was able to take out Blockbuster, rescuing all his Bystanders, AND take out Chimera as well!

After that, things went much more smoothly, though we had still yet to hit Zemo even once. Finally, Amy had amassed enough Villains in her victory pile to bring Zemo down to 8 attack when she then got Patriot's and Hulkling's rare cards in the same hand, together with Hulkling's "Impersonate." She racked up 30 attack points, allowing her to hit Zemo three times in one hand! A couple of hands later I was able to finish him off with a 12 point attack.

Fun, suspenseful game with interesting mechanics. Also, I don't believe we'd played with the Speedball/Namorita cards yet, and new cards are always fun. Thanks for the challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.