Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Windwalker faction
Tcho Tchos faction
High Priest pack
Great Old Ones pack 1

this gets me to $150. is this a good selection for getting the most out of the game, gameplay wise? or should i swap GOO pack 1 for a map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the pledge manager closednow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's more or less what I had ordered initially to get me to $150. Just make sure you finalize in the next 24 hours as its being locked on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think swapping the GOO Pack out for a map is a good idea. Generally speaking, Factions > Maps > Monsters & GOOs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
I've only got base game and we got 2 plays in yesterday, I think I'll add sleepers, wind walkers, opener of the way, tcho-tcho, high priest pack, plastic gates and hope to do maps down the road, I figure having that many factions should give us enough variety for now, if I grab the maps down the road I'll get the 6-8 player ones too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n815e wrote:
Isn't the pledge manager closednow?

September 12th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I didn't realize it is still open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
ended up trying to save some cash and got sleeper, opener, gates, punchboard faction sheets, and an extra set of dice to hit $155, I'll use the cultists from the homebrew faction stretchgoal as high priests for now and down the road I'll snag the real high priests, tcho-tcho, wind walker and the maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Piccadilly wrote:
I've only got base game and we got 2 plays in yesterday, I think I'll add sleepers, wind walkers, opener of the way, tcho-tcho, high priest pack, plastic gates and hope to do maps down the road, I figure having that many factions should give us enough variety for now, if I grab the maps down the road I'll get the 6-8 player ones too

That's pretty close to what I did.

Opener
Sleeper
Tcho-Tcho
Windwalker
High Priests
6-8 player Earth
Faction boards
Plastic gates
Lovecraft bust

I consider the expansion factions the first priority when moving beyond the base game. The high priests are right up there too.

Because I routinely have 5-6 players show up for games, and sometimes more, the 6-8 player Earth map is also a must have. It's hard to get this game to the table as much as I would like because of my shortage of player factions and, if I had enough factions, the map limitation.

The rest are what I consider must have component upgrades.

I figure I will get enough additional play variety from the new factions and high priests to keep me happy for a while. Hopefully by the time I start to regret not getting more maps, monsters, etc., there will be an onslaught 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Ah balls, I fell asleep and forgot to save my pledge, now the managers shut down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd try and contact them through kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
Ah balls, I fell asleep and forgot to save my pledge, now the managers shut down.

There's going to be a third kickstarter next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
deedob wrote:
dwrecks wrote:

There's going to be a third kickstarter next year.

Ohhh????

Anything else known about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
seemed to reopen. couldn't use my old pledge, so quickly signed up with my work email and pledged priests, the new faction, sleeper and library
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
seemed to reopen. couldn't use my old pledge, so quickly signed up with my work email and pledged priests, the new faction, sleeper and library

Happy days! You should ask them on page or by PM if all went through ok - just in case - I don't think they'd mind if you checked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I did the 'retrive pledge' thing and its tracking fine though that.

how do all those glow in the dark 'great old ones' work in game/add to the game anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Stretch Goals include rules for using faction Great Old Ones as independent GOOs. You don't have to use the glow-in-the-dark miniatures for those purposes - but then, why shouldn't you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
I did the 'retrive pledge' thing and its tracking fine though that.

how do all those glow in the dark 'great old ones' work in game/add to the game anyway?

They finally allow what all of us fans of Cthulhu Wars have been clamoring for... the ability to play in complete darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Sandy did say at some point during the Gods War campaign that he'd be making rules to use the faction GOOs as Monsters in Gods War too. With the crossover Monster rules for Cthulhu Wars, perhaps the GitDs could be used as Monsters in Cthulhu Wars too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
after all this I've now got to return the game I bought as the box was damaged and the rulebook was missing! now need to find another copy of the game before os2 arrives next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.