Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: roll 20 gaming app site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
derek heath
msg tools
Hi I have just started to use the Roll20 gaming site and would like to know how other gamers feel using those types of sites to game.

So far I feel that the site is easy to use and have many nice tools used to play a game with. With the challenges of get people together this can be nice way to have way of playing the games we love with friends and family that live far away.

I know it's not the real thing and having the guys over at the table, is great when it happens. But with the busy lives we have now this seem harder to do.
any thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Relics games wrote:
Hi I have just started to use the Roll20 gaming site and would like to know how other gamers feel using those types of sites to game.

So far I feel that the site is easy to use and have many nice tools used to play a game with. With the challenges of get people together this can be nice way to have way of playing the games we love with friends and family that live far away.

I know it's not the real thing and having the guys over at the table, is great when it happens. But with the busy lives we have now this seem harder to do.
any thoughts

A link often does wonder. While it's not difficult to look for this ourselves, your typical internet user is still of the lazy variety (including yours truly )
https://roll20.net/

I think I saw this at SCaLE 14 (Southern California Linux Expo), and perhaps at a bg-ing con too?

Looks neat. I know some folks will want physical stuff, but this definitely seems to leverage advantages digital has to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works really well for RPG type tabletop sessions.

I haven't tried it yet as a board game simulator, mainly because I haven't found a good tutorial example on how to do card decks.

There are tons of other options like Vassal, Zuntzu (sp?) but I had trouble getting those working when I looked into them years ago. Roll20 was indeed very simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Relics games wrote:

I don't personally use any of these sites but I like that they exist. There are lots of people that get together online to play games, especially people who do not have a lot of friends close by.

My friends and I do fall back to video gaming at times during the year when it's too stormy to go anywhere. It's kinda the same philosophy. It's not always easy or possible to physically meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.