Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

If i take the trade action, but only to increase my popularity... Must i still 2 workers ?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For the trade action, you always pay $1 and gain one of the following:

1. Gain any 2 resource tokens (place them on a territory on the board where you have a worker).

2. Gain popularity (1 at the beginning of the game; 2 if you've upgraded that benefit)

I'm not quite sure what you meant by "still 2 workers." I think you're missing a verb there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing, but the trade action gives two goods, placed with workers that are not on home base.
If gaining popularity, there does not seem to be any requirement for the workers to be away from home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

1. Gain any 2 resource tokens (place them on a territory on the board where you have a worker).

2. Gain popularity (1 at the beginning of the game; 2 if you've upgraded that benefit)

I'm not quite sure what you meant by "still 2 workers." I think you're missing a verb there.

Hello,

Thank you for Your answer.

In the rules book: RESOURCE ...you may not take the trade action if all of your workers are on your base. Can I gain POPULARITY if all my workers are on my base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
In the rules book: RESOURCE ...you may not take the trade action if all of your workers are on your base. Can I gain POPULARITY if all my workers are on my base?
Yes. Popularity is not stored on a territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Just to be sure.... means "any" two resources

a) any two, i.e. also twice the same?
b) any two _different_ types of resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Any two. They can be two of the same resource, or one each of two different resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Konwacht wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Any two. They can be two of the same resource, or one each of two different resources.

Wow, that was really fast ^.^

Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Konwacht wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

What about placement? Can I split them and place them in two different territories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freightrain12 wrote:

What about placement? Can I split them and place them in two different territories?

Yes, as long as there is a worker in each of these 2 territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stannis the King wrote:
freightrain12 wrote:

Yes, as long as there is a worker in each of these 2 territories.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the OP was wondering if you had to have one (or two) workers somewhere on the board in order to gain the one (or two) popularity, if that was all that was wanted to be gained. I think he will have gathered that the answer to that was no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.