Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Firefly: Zombie Apocalypse Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an idea...

Potentially a little inspired by looking at Wasteland Express Delivery Service (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195560/wasteland-exp...), which seems like a Mad Max style version of a Firefly type game (Get a truck, hire a crew, don't die)...

But I though about a Zombie Apocalypse theme. Rules-wise I wouldn't change anything, not even the language. Instead of being space based, it would be land based. So you would drive trucks instead of ships. I'm thinking the map would be structured a little differently, in that you'd have settlements, and those would have a sphere of influence. Between these spheres of influence would be zombie infested wasteland.

The contacts would be the various warlords and strongmen (or strongwomen - no judging here) who run the settlements. The nav decks would speak of them generically as "the Local Warlord" and if you're solid with the local guy, then maybe the nav deck contact with them isn't so bad. Like if you're not solid with them they take your stuff, but they won't if you are.

Outside the settlement areas, you could have roving zombie hordes as the "Reavers".

Inside the settlement areas, your main danger are the living (Fight and Talk most helpful). Outside them, your main danger are the undead (Fight and Tech most helpful).

Job-wise, the warlords would hire you to transport cargo between settlements, or raid opposing settlements, clear a zone of zombies, reinforce an area of their zone where there's been a perimeter breach, that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hanson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're as bad as George with adding new projects to your plate. Maybe worse, since your projects tend to be a bit bigger in scale than his!

Kidding aside, that is an interesting idea for a retheme that seems like it would fit pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I gotta say, Scarbuck likes to go big!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie

Go big or go home right? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.