Subject: Essen pick up for KS backers?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

is there a statement from FFP that they will give the wave 1.5 content from the Kickstarter to backers in Essen. Has anyone information to that?
If I remember correctly, it was possible last year to register for picking up the base games. Would be great for European backers to get all the content from wave 1.5, because we are still waiting for the amazing stuff they put out since the base games. I'm as an mine cart backer from Germany are just sitting on the base game, because I didn't payed the money for wave 1.5. Looking so much forward to get a chance at Essen for a pick up. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Can't see any announcements that FF will be at Essen this year. You'd need to check whatever information is available for Essen to see if FF will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it will happen.
FFP will be busy with their Kickstarter for Forbidden Fortress around that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Lengert
Germany
Leverkusen
Germany
flag msg tools
I don't believe there will be a pick-up at Essen.
FFP cooperates with Heidelberger and Heidelberger
represents FFP and their product line more or less
in good manor the past years. Heidelberger promised
to release a german edition of SoB, but I can't find
these old news on their homepage anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
Jason from ffp popped on the KS comments right before pax and stated they aren't going to essen this year. I forget the exact time stamp, but if you click to view their comments from their ks profile, I'm sure you can find it. It was a recent comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded, i remember the comment, but don't have a link either.

I wouldn't expect any way of reducing the cost of getting the wave 1.5 shipments. Even if it was something like Essen, FFP still have to sort and package your individual Wave 1.5 shipment, and then ship to Essen. The saving on shipping a box to multiple people, or shipping a pallet to one place, is likely negligible given the numbers involved (those actually going to Essen vs not), and outweighed by ensuring that the correct box contains the correct items, and gets to the correct person.

With the base games, it made more sense - there was no special packing of individual boxes, just taking the shipping cartons of base games (and additional minis) direct from the manufacturer and pointing them towards Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Büning
msg tools
Thirded. Essen would be a logistic nightmare and maybe cost even more than shipping wave 1.5. For US cons they have all the stuff there and just ship it across the country. Plus there are many more costs to attend a fair like Essen while they are busy with finishing Wave 2 and the kickstarter.

However, they wanna start shipping Wave 2 at the end of the year, so it shouldnt take too long for us to get our hands on everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.