BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for name of deckbuilding game I played last year rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M J
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hello all, sorry if this is the improper forum for this question, just let me know and I'll relocate.

I've been trying to remember the name of a deckbuilding game I played during a pub-crawl. The trouble is, due to the nature of pub crawling, I have forgotten many key aspects of the gameplay. Some identifiers I vaguely remember include:

-Was 'life-simulator' based, where you played as a person who was (I think) trying to climb the ladder in their career. I think there were "Salary" cards, but not 100% sure.

-On the outside of the physical, rectangular game board there were spaces ranging from 1-99 (I think this was the range). I believe they acted as victory points as well, as in the further your character went around the board the higher your score, but I think there were other factors used in calculating your final score as well.

-One side of the board held spots for all the possible cards that you could pick up during the turn. They were replaced from a deck when you bought one, and I believe they were switched out entirely whenever all players completed their turns for the round. There was also some mechanic where these placement spots cut the costs of the cards on them (meaning some strategy was involved in when to buy a card since each card behind the bought card moved forward a rank and the new card from the deck replaced the last spot), but there were some card spots that were also detrimental. I think sometimes you were forced to pick up or buy cards from certain spots if no one got them in the round, or something similar to that. I remember one card in particular having art depicting a roll of toilet paper.

-The center of the board is very fuzzy to me, I remember you could buy/put your money on certain spots in the center to activate certain abilities (like the ability to get more income or buy more than one card a turn?), and once you did this opponents could not buy or occupy the spot to get the abilities, but I am very hazy on this.

-For some reason, the only art I can remember in the game was very reminiscent of how Playschool people looked. Reference here just in case you're not familiar with the toys:

TLDR: Deckbuilding game, the cards that gave you money were possibly titled "Salary" cards, pros/cons built into where the cards were in the card pool, outside border of rectangular game board numbered 1-99 (or higher) and player pieces moved on this outside border, one card had toilet paper art, Playschool toy looking people in an office-like setting.

If you have any suggestions I'd be very grateful to hear them. I played this game some time in early 2015, but I am not sure how old the game itself is. Looked more modern. Thanks for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Maybe Copycat? Although I wouldn't call the art Playschool-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M J
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
THAT'S IT!!! Thank you so SO much!!! And I agree, the art is more sophisticated and unique, I just used that example because "round heads with basic facial features" doesn't quite do it justice nor does it stir up a relatable image. Then again I only played it once, over a year ago, and while mildly intoxicated, so I'm surprised I even remembered anything besides having fun.

Really appreciate it, this has been a mystery that has floated in and out of my head for a long time. I'll be picking up a copy for myself now!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MANOVVAR wrote:
THAT'S IT!!! Thank you so SO much!!! And I agree, the art is more sophisticated and unique, I just used that example because "round heads with basic facial features" doesn't quite do it justice nor does it stir up a relatable image. Then again I only played it once, over a year ago, and while mildly intoxicated, so I'm surprised I even remembered anything besides having fun.

Really appreciate it, this has been a mystery that has floated in and out of my head for a long time. I'll be picking up a copy for myself now!

Cheers

This is why BGG is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
This is why BGG is awesome.

And, in particular,

Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

is awesome when someone asks a "what game is it I'm remembering?" question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.