Subject: Bunkers, to be on the safe side rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Machine pays three to build binker, then must pay 1 DURING BATTLE PHASE to activate am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Machine pays three to build binker, then must pay 1 DURING BATTLE PHASE to activate am I right?

You cannot activate buildings during the Battle Phase, you can only activate during one of your three actions during the Round. Once the Battle Phase begins you cannot activate buildings anymore.

If you want to use Bunker, you must activate and use it before Battle Resolution begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

You cannot activate buildings during the Battle Phase, you can only activate during one of your three actions during the Round. Once the Battle Phase begins you cannot activate buildings anymore.

If you want to use Bunker, you must activate and use it before Battle Resolution begins.

Yes, as one of your three actions.

Actions (1/2/3)
Battles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it, of course normally I should use my build action to activate the bunker but... how can I mark that one of my bunkers has been activated (if I didn't pay to activate them all) or does paying 1 activate ALL bunkers ?

By the way this raises another question: once per action, the rules state I can activate each buildi once: we agree that that means that If I own three crystal extractor -( as an example) I can use all three ONCE per action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
You do pay to activate bunkers, just like any building. You just have to activate them for an action in a region that is a battle region. You just can't activate them once your actions are over and you are actually resolving a battle. Paying one activates just one. I would say having extra units in your region should remind you you activated it, lol.

And yes, every building can be activated once each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
I don't get it, of course normally I should use my build action to activate the bunker but... how can I mark that one of my bunkers has been activated (if I didn't pay to activate them all) or does paying 1 activate ALL bunkers ?

By the way this raises another question: once per action, the rules state I can activate each buildi once: we agree that that means that If I own three crystal extractor -( as an example) I can use all three ONCE per action.

Each building you have has a activation cost, for the Bunker that cost is one wrench per Bunker. If you have three Bunkers out, you will need three wrenches to activate all of them in a single action. You may activate each building one time, per action, granted you pay the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All responses are kosher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
You do pay to activate bunkers, just like any building. You just have to activate them for an action in a region that is a battle region. You just can't activate them once your actions are over and you are actually resolving a battle. Paying one activates just one. I would say having extra units in your region should remind you you activated it, lol.

I get it: for reasons unknown to me I hadn't THOUGHT of the fact that you could indeed play build and activate buildings AFTER battles were initiated.
I think the battle=locked territory expressed clearly in the rules made me think that way.
I know you can't build on a battle region and I inferrred that I couldn't activate either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Pathosis wrote:

I get it: for reasons unknown to me I hadn't THOUGHT of the fact that you could indeed play build and activate buildings AFTER battles were initiated.
I think the battle=locked territory expressed clearly in the rules made me think that way.
I know you can't build on a battle region and I inferrred that I couldn't activate either.

Where explicitly stated (bunkers, traps, etc) you may.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
All responses are kosher :)

Thank you for the confirmation!
Read my post above, I think other people might have made the same mistake with the battle=locked "rule/reminder"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
Pathosis wrote:

Meaning others you can't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
Pathosis wrote:

You may not activate an Orbital Sniper in a battle region, nor can it affect a battle region. Why? It does not explicitly state it can in violation of the genetic rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
Pathosis wrote:

The general rule is you cannot affect a battle region once it's created.

Some buildings, like Bunker "break" this rule. Anything that can break a rule says on so on itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb

The machines initiate a battle in an area that they do not control anymore. However, it contains a bunker that they built on a previous turn. Can this bunker be activated once the battle token is laid down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im pretty sure the general rule of only being able to activate buildings in regions you control would apply here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curiousfu wrote:

The machines initiate a battle in an area that they do not control anymore. However, it contains a bunker that they built on a previous turn. Can this bunker be activated once the battle token is laid down?

No, you do not control the region and will not determine control until after the action phase is over. So while Bunkers can be activated in a battle region, they still cannot be activated in a region you do not control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb
Thought this might have been one of the exceptions... Thanks for clarifying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.