Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had a choice which would you get and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that people have a choice - I thought Funner was a *very* limited "made to order" run.

That said, I find the hexes more appealing than the grid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
53804 Much
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and would rather play Funner. I like the streamlining, especially the 'machines can’t be moved' rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yzemaze wrote:
I own both and would rather play Funner. I like the streamlining, especially the 'machines can’t be moved' rule.

I'm actually the exact opposite, but I understand the preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
yzemaze wrote:

I'm actually the exact opposite, but I understand the preference.

I'm going to go with Funner, the presentation is a big improvement and it costs more so can't afford both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think either is in distribution at this point. That's too bad. I'd get Funner at any sort of reasonable price. I haven't played it yet.

I do like the tension in Fun to have to place your machines so you don't have to pay to move them. But, rarely, it's the only option. I like that machines block out a space; it seems more thematic. I suppose those machine-movement turns can be a little disruptive because they take longer.

Any chance of Funner getting into regular distribution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
I don't think either is in distribution at this point. That's too bad. I'd get Funner at any sort of reasonable price. I haven't played it yet.

I do like the tension in Fun to have to place your machines so you don't have to pay to move them. But, rarely, it's the only option. I like that machines block out a space; it seems more thematic. I suppose those machine-movement turns can be a little disruptive because they take longer.

I ended up getting Funner. I could have got Fun too for $50 but opted not to since Funner was twice as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

In the Kickstarter for one of the publisher's other games, the designer stated that Funner isn't an easy game for him to sell. If it comes back, it will likely be through another crowdfunding effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I ended up getting Funner. I could have got Fun too for $50 but opted not to since Funner was twice as much.

I expect you could get the original four player Cwali version pretty cheaply. The five player version is nicer, but it doesn't play much differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.