Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caden Hall
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the email, and bought a copy. They did raise the price a tiny bit, but still under msrp. As of this post 20+ are available
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And limit 1 per customer. I don't think that was there on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PSA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwmcfall wrote:
PSA?

public service announcement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I literally bought my copy from CSI in their Waterford Lakes store on my way home from a party last night, less than 24 hours ago. Paid $44.99. Today, it's $6 more.

I called three stores before buying. The Maitland store (which is the one with the warehouse) had no copies available. The guy there said "we should have some back in stock soon", when I told him about the FF/GW news. He had no idea the FF/GW license was expiring. The guys at the South Orlando and Waterford Lakes stores both knew the news and both stores had copies on site, but amazingly, the guy at Waterford Lakes told me that he thought the news would be received with one big yawn by gamers and that there would be no rush for current inventory. Not 24 hours later and the price has increased 15% with a per person order limit.

Capitalism, baby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Interesting. I literally bought my copy from CSI in their Waterford Lakes store on my way home from a party last night, less than 24 hours ago. Paid $44.99. Today, it's $6 more.

I called three stores before buying. The Maitland store (which is the one with the warehouse) had no copies available. The guy there said "we should have some back in stock soon", when I told him about the FF/GW news. He had no idea the FF/GW license was expiring. The guys at the South Orlando and Waterford Lakes stores both knew the news and both stores had copies on site, but amazingly, the guy at Waterford Lakes told me that he thought the news would be received with one big yawn by gamers and that there would be no rush for current inventory. Not 24 hours later and the price has increased 15% with a per person order limit.

Capitalism, baby.

Yeah last week 10 copies of Liberty or Death showed up for $75 a pop... they know what's going on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
East Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of stock again at this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A Canadian store (my FLGS) has plenty of copies:

http://store.401games.ca/catalog/6601832/fury-of-dracula

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature market ... Your welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
Miniature market ... Your welcome

gone! FFG's web store has a few left, 5 as i write this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since the FFG price hike, the prices have been rising. Things used to be 30% off (minimum.) I noticed Imperial Assault expansions that were $40 retail that used to sell on CSI for 30, go up to 32 and change after the price hike. Seemed to be a flat 20% that was implemented. Once that stock sold out and they restocked, the prices went up again to 15% off.
Now recent releases like Bespin Gambit that retail for $40 are selling for $36 on CSI. That's a whopping 10% off now.

I would assume the Fury of Dracula prices at CSI for a restock were more due to FFG's online retailer price hike than CSI taking advantage of the end of the GW/FFG relationship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gargamel wrote:
I would assume the Fury of Dracula prices at CSI for a restock were more due to FFG's online retailer price hike than CSI taking advantage of the end of the GW/FFG relationship.
They had 20+ on Friday for $45 that sold out relatively quickly after the announcement. They came back with another sock of 20+ yesterday (2 days later) at $51. This had nothing to do with the FFG's price hike.

BTW it is worth mentioning that these practices are not new or limited to FFG/Asmodee stock. The same thing was going on with Scythe when it came out, and I have seen it occur with others as well. It is definitely taking advantage of demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
It is definitely taking advantage of demand.
aka Business 101.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hogan
United States
Oswego
New York
flag msg tools
I am still seeing 20+ at CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loks like another batch at 51 for CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let the panic buying continue.

Does anyone have any insight into how many are left at the distributors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard Amazon is fulfilling their allotment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed one.
It's funny, as I was shopping for other games on CSI so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping, the in-stock count kept dropping. It'll be funny if they have 50 again next week, but oh well, I've been meaning to get this anyway...looks fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm confused. The CSI listing had some in stock yesterday (sold out again currently), but I wasn't sure if it was the 3rd edition or second edition. It has the 3rd edition box art, but the components list lists a train die, dracula die, etc... I thought these were no longer a part of the 3rd edition? I didn't end up buying from there and went for a higher priced FLGS version. Is this just an error on their website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
harvest4 wrote:
I'm confused. The CSI listing had some in stock yesterday (sold out again currently), but I wasn't sure if it was the 3rd edition or second edition. It has the 3rd edition box art, but the components list lists a train die, dracula die, etc... I thought these were no longer a part of the 3rd edition? I didn't end up buying from there and went for a higher priced FLGS version. Is this just an error on their website?

There is absolutely zero chance they are selling the second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Side question for those of you that live in Florida and can frequent CoolStuff stores...do the brick n mortar store prices match the prices on the website? Heading down their over the holidays and might need to make a detour!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kpishnery wrote:
Side question for those of you that live in Florida and can frequent CoolStuff stores...do the brick n mortar store prices match the prices on the website? Heading down their over the holidays and might need to make a detour!

The prices in the store are exactly the same as the site. You don't have to ask for a price match. There is nothing different between online and in the store. If you do see a discrepancy, they absolutely WILL price match. It's a weird setup in the stores. There are 4-5 computer kiosks in every store, so actually most people go to the kiosk, place their order there, then go to the counter to pick up. That's the way it works in Maitland where they have a warehouse in the back. In the other stores, there is no on-site warehouse, but they still have the kiosks, so it would be super easy to show the salesperson what the online price is, if for whatever reason the sticker on the box didn't match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harvest4 wrote:

The only ones they had on the shelves in the stores were 3rd edition. I can't imagine they have any second edition stock left in inventory and even if they did, I doubt they would be selling it at retail prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By the way, if anyone at CSI is reading this, THANK YOU for implementing that "1 per customer" restriction when you still had these in stock. It allows more of us who just want to play the game a chance to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.