Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abba Games Editions
msg tools
publisher
Hi!

We are now negotiating with WB about the dates. The core mechanics and the scenarios are fully developed and we're working on the visual aspect. We are trying to launch before the end of this year but as I said it's not only on us.

Anyhow the game will be for demos at ESSEN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply! Can't wait!!!

EDIT: Will the characters be standees or minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Hi,

I would be interested to know if there are going to be miniatures in this game too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

I would be interested to know if there are going to be miniatures in this game too

I did some more research on the game and found out that abba said that minis might be in the game. If not, then they might release a minis pack for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abba Games Editions
msg tools
publisher
Hi, that's the idea. We also want miniatures but we need to find a way to do it. A separate pack for the minis is one of the possibilities that we are handling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Spinda
Germany
Sindelfingen
flag msg tools
Very excited to see the Game in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
I absolutely love the Justice League! This is literally my favorite IP of all time. What's sad for me is that there isn't a board game that exists (in my opinion) that does the IP justice, no pun intended. I'm really hoping this one is going to rock! I live in the U.S. Will this game be coming to the U.S.? And can we expect to see review copies going out this year or early next year? I'd also love to subscribe to your newsletter. What's the best way to do that? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdbc59 wrote:
I absolutely love the Justice League! This is literally my favorite IP of all time. What's sad for me is that there isn't a board game that exists (in my opinion) that does the IP justice, no pun intended. I'm really hoping this one is going to rock! I live in the U.S. Will this game be coming to the U.S.? And can we expect to see review copies going out this year or early next year? I'd also love to subscribe to your newsletter. What's the best way to do that? Thanks!

Great questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Cincotta-Pipe
Australia
flag msg tools
This game sounds so promising!
Is it true its gonna go to kickstarter? and if so is there a way to get notifications when its up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riftrider wrote:
This game sounds so promising!
Is it true its gonna go to kickstarter? and if so is there a way to get notifications when its up?

Do what I did, subscribe to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Cincotta-Pipe
Australia
flag msg tools
I did that so hopefully that enough, Id hate to miss out.
The Expansions could be endless haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One and Only Noir
Germany
Ahorn
flag msg tools
AbbaGames wrote:
Hi, that's the idea. We also want miniatures but we need to find a way to do it. A separate pack for the minis is one of the possibilities that we are handling

I'm very excited. Sadly I could'nt visit Essen so is there a possibility to see something new?

Also I think for a game like this to be successful, Miniatures are absolutley needed. This should'nt be an option. Most Gamers won't like a Dungeon Crawler or strategic Fighting Game without proper Miniatures. I'm pretty sure, that this should be a priority in order to let this game be successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fey
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Miniatures
You could easily pick up heroclix figures of these characters for a dollar each. Less than that most of the time. If the clix base bothers you, you could easily pop the figure off and put it on a new base.

But yeah, I do hope this comes out in the states since I've been wanting a board game alternative to heroclix for ages. (yes I know wizkids made a JL board game, but it was crap)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroclix minis are pretty cruddy imho. I'm going to try to use knight models' minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fey
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is a lot of varying quality among heroclix figures yes, but if you're lazy like me and hate painting, they get the job done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edwardwilfred wrote:
There is a lot of varying quality among heroclix figures yes, but if you're lazy like me and hate painting, they get the job done.

Noted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an alternative to minatures, you could pick up Cryptozoic's forthcoming DC Mighty Meeples.

https://twitter.com/Cryptozoic/status/798298688200114176

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickfuss wrote:
As an alternative to minatures, you could pick up Cryptozoic's forthcoming DC Mighty Meeples.

https://twitter.com/Cryptozoic/status/798298688200114176

I'd rather use standees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So this kind of dropped off the map, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I've been dying for news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.