Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard a review of a game on the dice Tower several weeks back that described a Board game that was similar to the video game "the room." Anyone know what that board game is? It would be a game that's some type of puzzle type game. Interested for my son. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, wrong "The Room"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
The room, but a puzzle game? I only know about Silent Hill 4: The room. Googling "the room game" gives you a flash game based on the already posted movie...

So is this what you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video game being referred to here is a mobile/PC game, unrelated to Silent Hill.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Room_(2012_video_game)

I don't know what boardgame review the reference was made in, but figured I'd help since the previous responses missed the mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
Wait, wrong "The Room"...

But oh, the potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe:
Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor
Escape the Room: Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat

Escape Room: The Game is another option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no. I meant the iOS video game of the Room (1,2and 3) which is a video game where you have all these boxes that you have to unlock and puzzles to solve. So there is some board game type game that is something similar where you have to figure out how to unlock certain things of boxes or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anni Foasberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is the game in question: The Room. (I've played it, and I enjoyed it a lot.)

The Escape the Room games mentioned earlier in this thread are pretty good suggestions. Something like T.I.M.E Stories may also be of interest, although it isn't quite the same kind of puzzle.

But there aren't a lot of board games that do this sort of thing. You may be better off looking into Japanese puzzle boxes or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Boucher
United States
Milton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the updates all. Definitely love Japanese puzzle boxes but don't think the suggested game is what i was looking for just yet. I'll spin back through the Dice Tower reviews and see if I can figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I don't know the video game you are referring too, but the board game may be Room 25 (and Room 25: Season 2). If it is I would recommend getting season 2 at the same time. The base game is fun enough, but the expansion changes it completely in some great ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.