Popular Tags: [View All]
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

My wife and I played a few games with all five expansions using the Artifacts rules where taking a Meld action will cause a 'dig' if you meld down (not the same) or the hex position matches.

It gets confusing on the order when melding a card. I hope the new rulebook will clarify this. Here is the order I've played when taking a Meld action (after melding the card):

1. Check for specific actions of the melded card. So a melded City might allow some drawing or splaying due to a plus, arrow, or magnifying glass. A melded Figure might have some "when melding this card" action. If splaying during this step, then draw a city card now, if allowed.

2. Check for free draws due to the meld. If melding creates a new color, draw a City card, if allowed. If melding over another card, dig for the artifact, if applicable.

3. Meld (and possibly Dogma) from your forecast, if applicable and desired. I assume this free Meld is NOT a Meld action and thus does not retrigger the above steps.

4. Fade any figures as applicable.

I'm not sure if the above is correct, but it made sense. I was thinking about making a flowchart just for the Meld action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.