Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ara Bulbulian
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does UCS have any restrictions on where minor units may be located. For example could Hungarian units move through and or stop in Romania?

thanks,
AB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
See 10.3.2 Cooperation limits

Quote:
A country’s counter cannot attack, move, retreat, trace a path,
nor be placed into a different, active friendly country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Currently listening to: "Seasons of Desolation" by Enisum
mbmbmbmbmb
moujamou wrote:
See 10.3.2 Cooperation limits

Quote:
A country’s counter cannot attack, move, retreat, trace a path,
nor be placed into a different, active friendly country.

I have the same question as the OP, and I'm not certain that this answers it, because Hungary and Romania may not be friendly toward each other. 10.3.2 specifies friendly countries.

This question is pertinent to my current game (first time playing the full campaign, so I'm still processing all the rules). Hungary, via Diplomacy, has joined the Axis faction. During a subsequent Declare War Phase, Germany declares war on Romania and then, assuming the 10.3.1 Home Defense - Germany East Front restrictions are met, could they march into Romania with the assistance of some Hungarian units?

The only limitation that I can find is within the first section of 10.3.1 Home Defense, which says that each country (except Germany, UK, USA, and USSR) must leave at least one of its ground units within three hexes of, or anywhere within, its country's Mainland Area.

So, in this example, it sounds like Hungary can join Germany in attacking its neighbors, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, in this example, it sounds like Hungary can join Germany in attacking its neighbors, yeah?

Yes, it can.

The policies that prevent units (from any country) from moving/attacking into an enemy country are Appeasement, Nazi-Soviet Pact, and Moscow Treaty. If those policies are in effect, then the respective factions are affected.

The Home Defense policy prevents moving/attacking into an enemy country only in the sense that a country has to maintain the minimum required at home. In your example, all of Hungary's units can move into Romania. However, one of them must always end within three hexes of Hungary.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.