Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few plays with all five expansions, I like the new dig rules (Meld action resulting in a matching hex or meld down). However, I'm not a fan of the relics. It seems too easy to get the achievement, and the figures one (Ching Shih) is mean. (I know she was a very successful pirate, but stealing an achievement is pretty wicked.)

Does anyone else see these as too powerful? Whoever goes ahead in age first can pretty easily get five achievements, which is at least half of the overall victory condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
After a few plays with all five expansions, I like the new dig rules (Meld action resulting in a matching hex or meld down). However, I'm not a fan of the relics. It seems too easy to get the achievement, and the figures one (Ching Shih) is mean. (I know she was a very successful pirate, but stealing an achievement is pretty wicked.)

Does anyone else see these as too powerful? Whoever goes ahead in age first can pretty easily get five achievements, which is at least half of the overall victory condition.

In this version of rules relics dominated the game.
"draw relic or achive relic ingnoring requiremnets" is very powerful
Even "draw relic or achive relic if edigible" is powerful.
Even "draw relic or score relic" is more tamed version and plays well, but it deosn't solve "each expansion has 5 cards counting as achievemnts" problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ryan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relics are game design gone wrong. I play without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattlistener wrote:
Relics are game design gone wrong. I play without them.
Do you play with the Artifacts expansion but just leave out the Relics? I'm leaning toward that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.