Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarven Forge Terrain (half painted) used for layouts.

Quest #1:

Quest #2:

Quest #3:
Before play -

Mid-game pic-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh wow... this looks great. did you transform the tiles into this? meaning this has the same layout as the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All three layouts are the same layout as the tiles.

It has been well received with my group so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is really nice..
so you can make any quest map with this.. how much you had to pay to buy enough Dwarven Forge Terrain to be able to do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is really modular. I spent quite a bit on the terrain. I own more than I am willing to admit to myself, lol.

The big layout would likely run in the range of $300-400 if I had to guess.

I use it a ton for playing D&D though. Worth every penny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, yea that`s pricey. I wish my boyfriend and his DnD group would use this stuff instead of a grid mat with wet markers, that way I could have an excuse to get stuff like this. I always loved how they look.

make sure you let us see the final version.

ps I like how the vault cardboard look inside of the 3D terrain more than on the side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks fantastic!

Does it affect play much?

If you are across the other side of the table can you see all the heroes, zombies etc? And can you see all the objective tokens in the rooms?

I have got some cardboard terrain (which also isn't cheap) and I find that it can be difficult to see what is happening on the other side of the table.

we might have to play the game on a lower table so we can see over the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't too bad for minis but the tokens can be a little bit of an issue. I find that a couple of us tend to stand periodically during any game we are playing with any amount of strategy and tactics...especially with board management, though.

I find the aesthetic greatly makes up for that one and only downfall. I also feel the same way about our d&d games, though, which I know some people don't agree with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Musab Abdulla
Bahrain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
It isn't too bad for minis but the tokens can be a little bit of an issue. I find that a couple of us tend to stand periodically during any game we are playing with any amount of strategy and tactics...especially with board management, though.

I find the aesthetic greatly makes up for that one and only downfall. I also feel the same way about our d&d games, though, which I know some people don't agree with.

Maybe try putting the tokens on standees or something else that raises it for easier viewing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.