Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Battlelore and am slightly overwhelmed by the sheer number of minis.

Actually with so many pieces, I'm worrying about storage. It seems that everything just barely fits inside. With other games I use ziplocks to store units, but I'm worried that these are a bit fragile and more importantly I'm not sure ziploc bags will fit. If I do keep the minis in the plastic inserts, how do I remember which color banner goes where? Or are the slots generally interchangeable? I don't I'm being a bit anal about this, but packaging 200+ minis without damagaing them seem like a momentous task.

Also I counted all my minis and I'm short 1 non-banner human infantry (ie 53 instead of 54, I've been checking against the .pdf master list) so I don't have to tally the number of human infantry needed in all the scenarios, do any of you know off-hand if that's going to be enough for all the official scenarios?

Off to un-bend my minis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The official scenarios won't even get you close to needing 54 Regular (Blue-banner) Infantry. The most Pennant-side ever uses is 20 and the most Standard-side ever uses is 24. And those numbers include the banner-bearers.

I suggest storage in plano/craft/tackle boxes. I use the following:

Of course, this exceeds the size of the Battlelore box itself. Requires some external stacking of the storage boxes. Makes setup/teardown an absolute snap, though. Each compartment contains the figures for exactly one unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all my minis into small plastic bags and threw away the plastic inserts. Fits perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
I put all my minis into small plastic bags and threw away the plastic inserts. Fits perfectly.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Plastic bags do seem like an easy solution. I worried about the flags bending or breaking, but I guess the minis are more resilient than they first appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can store the flags seperate from the minis if necessary. I just throw everything together in the one box, but I guess thats not a longterm solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Swensen
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
kentreuber wrote:

Same here as well. I was reluctant at first, but it worked very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a large Rubbermaid bin holding all of them, though by type (mainly) rather than subdivided by unit. I haven't played it in a while to know how they're "holding up." I had to remove the flags for some units. I kind of like Mark's solution, though. What kind of boxes are those, exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bianca ...
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Currently I'm using a different plastic bag for each type of miniature as well, but will this way of storing also be OK once the miniatures are painted, or will the paintjob fade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would think that the minis in a bag would scrape against each other, possibly damaging your paint.

if i put the time and effort into painting them, i'd probably go with some sort of storage box just to help them stay nice a little longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You all did see this?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=23081

(of course this is no solution for any expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.