Subject: Best first turn ever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Porter
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game by myself today, with two roles; the dispatcher and the medic. The first two turns worked out remarkably well.

The medic had three blue cards. The dispatcher had two blue cards, New York and Montreal. The dispatcher also had the event card that allows him to designate a player to draw a card from the discard pile.

There were no blue cubes on the board from the initial setup.

I stared at the cards for a while pondering whether I was actually going to be able to eradicate a disease in the first round. It turns out I could.

The dispatcher went first.
Action 1 - Move the medic to New York by discarding the New York card.
Action 2 - Order the medic to walk to Montreal.
Action 3 - Join the medic in Montreal using the dispatcher power to bring pawns together.
Action 4 - Give the medic the Montreal card.
Free bonus action - Use the event card (no action) to order the medic to take the New York card out of the discard pile. I grinned when I figured that part out.

On the medic's turn he just waltzed over to Atlanta to cure and eradicate the non-existant blue disease.

It's a good thing that I had that early eradication because I was playing with the purple disease to make it harder, and managed to go from 0 outbreaks to one away from losing in two consecutive turns later in the game.

But the dispatcher/medic team won in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sure beats my (second to) last game. We got an unfortunate bunch of cubes piled up in the Middle East. We lost inn the first turn of a 4 player game due to outbreaks. Fortunately we hadn't invested too much time so we reset the board and then lost due to any empty player card stack robot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it on my Nook, and it's kicking my butt. I can usually tell from the first turn, just by the order of the roles how badly it's going to go for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
I played one game on the app in which I actually lost on the first turn.

It was actually pretty easy. I drew an epidemic card on the first turn. The epidemic city was next to two other three-disease cities. The two infection cards I drew were two of those cities. The chain reactions wiped me out. Reason for loss: running out of black cubes.

PS I love love love the dispatcher/medic combo. That's often one of the first possibilities I consider when I draw New Assignment, especially if I have Contingency Planner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I just got the game, and in our introduction game, I got dealt 4 blue cards while being the scientist, so we cured the first disease on the very first turn. That was quite nice.

We did of course win that round, and thought it was quite easy. Since then, we've played 5 standard games, and lost them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.