GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,080 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Australian Units and Supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Australian units do not have a HQ that they can trace supply to until the ANZAC arrives on turn 3 as a reinforcement and it could be delayed. So my question is do the Australian units suffer attrition until the ANZAC HQ arrives? If so they would all be eliminated at the end of turn 2. This does not seem right. What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The attrition rules allow "any" friendly HQ in range to prevent elimination, it doesn't have to be an activation commanding HQ (ie. ABDA/ANZAC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically the US South Pac makes an Early return to Australia which fixes the attrition problem, which is not so much of a problem anyway given the Replacement capacity of the AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
The Australian units do not have a HQ that they can trace supply to until the ANZAC arrives on turn 3 as a reinforcement and it could be delayed. So my question is do the Australian units suffer attrition until the ANZAC HQ arrives? If so they would all be eliminated at the end of turn 2. This does not seem right. What am I missing?

HQ units can never be delayed. (Page 24, 10.23)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xenophon wrote:
Panzer2C wrote:

HQ units can never be delayed. (Page 24, 10.23)

Thanks all and the rule is also written in the delay box on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing:

Allies do NOT suffer attrition on turn 1.

At most the Australians will be reduced at the end of turn 2.

By turn 3 ANZAC is on the board and they are back in business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vignuzzi
Canada
Burritts Rapids
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a rare event that a Japanese player can try if they have enough activations in turn 2.

1. Allied player does not have ABDA on the map (played and knocked out or not played at all)
2. Allied player does not have SWPac on the map (pulled or Manila is invaded and it is not returned in turn 2)
3. Japanese player eliminates the air unit and then bombards and reduces the Australian ground troops during turn 2.

Then all reduced units in Australia will suffer attrition and be removed. I don't think I have ever had enough activations to care to do that, but it can happen.

It will also affect the Dutch garrisons in Tarakan, Amboina, the Celebes and Timor, but usually, if the Japanese player has enough activations and battle hexes available to bombard Australia, the DEI has already been secured in turn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.