Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the example, I am not certain that I understand exactly how maintenance accumulates and when. I really do like this game (assuming that I am playing correctly) but much of the rule wording is unnecessarily convoluted.

Alternate Strategy Maintenance
1. Will all Strategy cards require a payment of zero silver during the first Campaign Sequence after its purchase? The example seems to state this.

2. Is the maintenance token increased by +1 always or by the amount of maintenance displayed on the Strategy Card?

Can someone explain this process in a better way please?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
glenn69 wrote:
After reading the example, I am not certain that I understand exactly how maintenance accumulates and when. I really do like this game (assuming that I am playing correctly) but much of the rule wording is unnecessarily convoluted.

Alternate Strategy Maintenance
1. Will all Strategy cards require a payment of zero silver during the first Campaign Sequence after its purchase? The example seems to state this.

2. Is the maintenance token increased by +1 always or by the amount of maintenance displayed on the Strategy Card?

Can someone explain this process in a better way please?

Thank you

Let's say you draft Corvus (Cost 4, Maintenance 2). The first time the Carthage player ends the turn (campaign sequence), you pay nothing (think of it this way: you already paid to get the card). Instead, place the "1" token on it.

Next campaign sequences, you pay 1 (token) x maintenance (2). So you pay 2 silver. Then, flip the "1" token over to the "2" side.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 2 x 2 = 4. Replace the "2" token with the "3" token.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 3 x 2 = 6. Flip the token over to its 4 side.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 4 x 2 = 8. However, let's say you don't want to pay that much or cannot afford it. Fine. Move the token off of the card and flip the card over. (Not official rule, but a good mnemonic).

Now that card is dead. You cannot draft another strategy card until you spend an action to discard that dead strategy card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

Let's say you draft Corvus (Cost 4, Maintenance 2). The first time the Carthage player ends the turn (campaign sequence), you pay nothing (think of it this way: you already paid to get the card). Instead, place the "1" token on it.

Next campaign sequences, you pay 1 (token) x maintenance (2). So you pay 2 silver. Then, flip the "1" token over to the "2" side.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 2 x 2 = 4. Replace the "2" token with the "3" token.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 3 x 2 = 6. Flip the token over to its 4 side.

Next campaign sequence, you pay 4 x 2 = 8. However, let's say you don't want to pay that much or cannot afford it. Fine. Move the token off of the card and flip the card over. (Not official rule, but a good mnemonic).

Now that card is dead. You cannot draft another strategy card until you spend an action to discard that dead strategy card.

Now THAT was a clear explanation. Thank you sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I was having a hard time understanding that as well. We did play it correctly but it was still a guess.

Thanks Judd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the multipler work for 0 maintenance cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently there is no maintainence on them.

Official Errata and Clarifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmeista wrote:
Great makes sense!

Well I find it strange that the cards with 0 maintenance are cheaper than in the base deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.