5 Posts

Harbour» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where's the official solo variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nanninga
msg tools
mb
I just bought this game and tried it for the first time. One of the draws for me was that it officially supports 1 player. I've seen many forum threads reference the "official solo variant" and also "the training dummy." However, I cannot find any reference to solo play or the training dummy anywhere in the rules. Where am I missing the official solo rules?

Note that I know there are unofficial solo variants supposedly better than the official, but I'd still like to know where to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In your box there should be a player board for the training dummy which has the rules for it on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nanninga
msg tools
mb
Eureka! I hadn't looked in detail at the player boards yet. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also recommend this solo mode by Ender:

The 20-Move Solo Challenge: a quicker and easier one-player variant

Enjoy the game its cute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
MeeplePeat wrote:

This↑ is the only way I'll ever play Harbour solo. I enjoy Harbour, and appreciate the time and effort put into the official solo game by its designer. But it's more work than fun. The 20 turn challenge puts the fun back on top...as much as can be had in the solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.