Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Best place to buy wargames in Australia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the best place to buy GMT games in Australia these days? I've been searching around Milsims and Games Empire and they don't have much in stock.

Any recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email I got from Milsims two days ago wrote:
For those that have yet to hear (and we get phone calls & emails almost daily from those that haven't) Milsims Games is under new ownership - us!

The original Milsims Games went into liquidation at the beginning of this year. We've purchased the remaining assets from the liquidator and restarted the business in a new location with a renewed focus on communication and customer service. Yesterday we finally got control of their newsletter service - Yay!

We've been working on updating the website for a few months now, with thousands of man-hours worth of work still to do. Right now if something shows as 'in stock' you can be confident that it's on the shelf and ready to ship to you as soon as you place your order. We're still working our way through the remainder of the stock on our shelves to update the website stock on hand. So, every day you'll see more items become available for purchase!

Please feel free to drop us an email or give us a call with any questions you might have. Here are some answers to some of the most frequently asked questions so far:

... snip ...

Q. Will you be getting in (GMT, MMP, Academy Games, Decision Games) brand wargames soon?
A. We sure will! Our next container from the USA is due to us roughly 'November' and we plan to have it choc-full of board wargames. Lots of customers are sending us wish-lists we are collating for our opening order, you should too! We've already set up a new account with MMP and can confirm we will have their full range in this container - all of their currently available games & expansions are available for pre-order on the website now. Other manufacturers will follow as quickly as we can make contact and set up new accounts. The Milsims I grew up ordering from by mail-order was built on board wargames and it will continue to be an important part of our business for as long as I'm around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
Where's the best place to buy GMT games in Australia these days? I've been searching around Milsims and Games Empire and they don't have much in stock.

Firstly, it's great to know Milsims is under new ownership and rebuilding it's reputation.

I'm not into GMT games (yet), but I thought I saw others comment they ordered direct currently. Have you tried the GMT web site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah very expensive. Used to get these from Milsims, but it's been a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Restall
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that same email from Mr Dodgy at the new Milsims. Im really hoping he can re-open that portal for Aussies to get ASL and GMT gear at a reasonable price in a reasonable time. Ive been wanting to get into GBoH for a while now, so Ill see if he can make me happy by Xmas

Fingers crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.