Holdfast: Pacific 1941-45» Forums » General

Subject: It's about time... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how Worthington pulled this one off, but AHs WaS & VitP are two great classic games that should have been given a make over and reprint years ago.

Maybe the new system is just different enough for the games to be considered different, but who cares!? Great job Worthington for recognizing two great games that both need to be back in circulation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they going to be like War at Sea and Victory in the Pacific, I have seen nothing to indicate that they will be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah....I found it, the info is on the Kickstarter page....now I am a little more interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorporating the Battle Board and Order Of Battle chart into the map was a great move, especially since the Battle Board stretch goal wasn't achieved. A big thanks to Worthington from a grateful backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
Incorporating the Battle Board and Order Of Battle chart into the map was a great move, especially since the Battle Board stretch goal wasn't achieved. A big thanks to Worthington from a grateful backer.

I second the nod to Worthy for incorporating battle boards. Also like the mounted maps and taskforce markers.
I've seen comments that Wothington may be looking into other box dimensions, I wouldn't mind the the same size boxes as the the other holdfast games, they would stack better on my shelf, but I am also quite fond of the B.O.B box size as well. With the larger number of blocks, that may be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb

Is the Kick Starter still open to take backers or is it closed now ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks msgt pepe, (Seems your reply was removed) I did go to the Kickstarter page but didn't see that it was closed, thought that maybe they would be excepting more orders to reach stretch goals, but then I couldn't get in to order. I was hoping I was missing something that would allow me to order, as I loved the old VITP & still have several copies
No biggie, plan on playing VITP this Monday with a Veteran player of this great game (this hit the game tables in the 70's & 80's because it was so much fun to play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ussr41 wrote:
Thanks msgt pepe, (Seems your reply was removed) I did go to the Kickstarter page but didn't see that it was closed, thought that maybe they would be excepting more orders to reach stretch goals, but then I couldn't get in to order. I was hoping I was missing something that would allow me to order, as I loved the old VITP & still have several copies
No biggie, plan on playing VITP this Monday with a Veteran player of this great game (this hit the game tables in the 70's & 80's because it was so much fun to play).

Hi Jack - I removed my comment when I realized how rude it was towards you. My apologies! The KS has closed, but keep an eye on some of the on-line game stores... the Worthington games usually show up on sale sooner than most. Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
No problem, I thought your reply was a little abrupt... but I have a thick skin & I'm 65... lol & I saw your point : p
Seeing the kickstarter for this did get me to dig out VITP, Played Monday evening with a friend who regularly played me in the 1980's this great game. We'll play it a lot more now ! I Will be looking for this updated version. I enjoy your post & comments here on BGG, look forward to more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack, you're the better man. OK, moving on from my embarrassing post... going by your BGG nickname, I wonder if you've looked into Worthington's Holdfast Russia 1941-42 game? Quite a challenging task, fun to play. And they recently expanded it into a larger venture called HOLDFAST: EASTFRONT 1941-1945
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now you have hit my obsession zone ! the 2nd or 3rd Avalon Hill game I purchased in the mid 1960's was "Stalingrad"... played the soup out of it at the Benedictine boarding school I graduated from (most kids there were of German extraction...except me lol )and read "Hitler Moves East 1941-1943" Bantam Paperback (1966) after that seems ever other game I got was an East Front topic. ( hence ussr1941 )
Yes I have HOLDFAST : Russia ... sadly not played yet... but intend too.
SOooo many games not enuff time to play them all.
Did you get HOLDFAST: EASTFRONT 1941-1945 ? If so how'd you like it...was getting an extinction of the war worth it, or is it a much different game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ussr41 wrote:
Now you have hit my obsession zone ! the 2nd or 3rd Avalon Hill game I purchased in the mid 1960's was "Stalingrad"... played the soup out of it at the Benedictine boarding school I graduated from (most kids there were of German extraction...except me lol )and read "Hitler Moves East 1941-1943" Bantam Paperback (1966) after that seems ever other game I got was an East Front topic. ( hence ussr1941 )
Yes I have HOLDFAST : Russia ... sadly not played yet... but intend too.
SOooo many games not enuff time to play them all.
Did you get HOLDFAST: EASTFRONT 1941-1945 ? If so how'd you like it...was getting an extinction of the war worth it, or is it a much different game ?

Hi Jack,
I didn't get Eastfront 41-45 as I have Holdfast Russia and this gaming passion of mine is getting quite expensive! And you're right, too many games and not enough time/people to play with. But my son has cleaned my clock on Holdfast Russia a couple of times, what a good game! I cut my teeth on some Avalon Hill games in the 70s which I gave away years ago. Used to play Axis and Allies from Fri night till late Sat morning, too. Good old days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.