BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Best paper to print game manuals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools

Which ink-jet or laser paper should I use to print a game manual? As close to the factory thick manuals that are available for Battletech, Shadowrun or D&D.

I want to print the manual on 11x17 paper and then center stitch it with staples to make into a booklet.

What paper would work best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd probably be looking at gloss paper, which is significantly (as in apparently like 4-5x) more expensive than standard copy paper.

It's the stuff that in heavier weights is sold as photo paper, though apparently you can get it in a bit lighter weight for more general printing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thank you for the reply.

I found some double sided Xerox Laser 11x17 glossy for $0.18/page if I purchase a 1500 sheet ream.

I also found HP Brochure and Flyer Paper for Inkjet (11 x 17", 150 Sheets, Gloss) @ B&H and free shipping for me because I am NAPP member plus I had a discount code from a previous purchase which takes in down to $0.18/page as well. It is 48lbs but enough for me to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.