GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,211 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

epi phanius
msg tools
mb
Hi:

The setup instructions for both The Choices We Makeand Another Man's Treasure say to 'After taking starting Jobs, pull all remaining Piracy Jobs from the Contact Decks and place them in their discard piles. Reshuffle the Contact decks'.

I don't get it: why bother doing this? If you reshuffle you add in the discards anyway, so what is the point of pulling them out?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Contact decks are not normally reshuffled. I don't believe the implication here is that the discard pile is shuffled into the main deck, but rather than each contact has a pile of Piracy cards sitting waiting in their discard, ready to be picked up when the game begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Contact decks are not normally reshuffled. I don't believe the implication here is that the discard pile is shuffled into the main deck, but rather than each contact has a pile of Piracy cards sitting waiting in their discard, ready to be picked up when the game begins.

Yes, and in addition to that, having just looked at the job cards while you were sorting out the piracy jobs, you now need to shuffle the pile of non-piracy job cards, so no-one knows what order they are in.

It's just a way of making sure all of the piracy jobs are available right from the start. The non-piracy jobs will slowly become available as players deal with the contacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^ what they said. You are shuffling the deck, not the discard pile. The only reason that you even have to do it is because someone had to look through the deck to pick out the piracy cards, so it makes it fair to randomize them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
epi phanius
msg tools
mb
Thank you one and all for the thorough reply. I'm looking forward to trying this setup soon.

Cheers,

e.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.