Tragedy Looper» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Tragedy Looper PBF #37, Custom Script (Game Over) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm running a custom script I wrote for the sake of playtesting and Mastermind experience.

I currently have the following players:

1)Tuxian
2)smn1337
3)Open

This will be a 3-Loop First Steps game. If you are interested let me know. I cannot promise this will be easy, or even possible, since I'm new to custom script design. But I will do my best to entertain you

If not three people show interest in the next few days, I'll start with whomever I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tragedy Looper PBF #37, Custom Script
Entertainment is why we play! As long as you didn't break the Taboos, the script should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I don't THINK I broke that taboos, but that's why we testplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ragnatz,

I'm interested, own the original and have played the first scenario. It's my first play by forum though, just let me know if I need to look out for something special. Will table talk be allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
smn1337 wrote:
Hey Ragnatz,

I'm interested, own the original and have played the first scenario. It's my first play by forum though, just let me know if I need to look out for something special. Will table talk be allowed?

I think I will allow table talk for this since as my first time running this, it will be good to see what you guys are thinking at all times.

I'm just using the original box's First Steps, so you should be fine. Welcome aboard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, gonna read the rules again on the train tomorrow. looking forward to play with you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I will start the game tonight. Last chance for a third person...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we don't get a third, just have the leader pick two cards then?

And this is a First Steps script, you said?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct and correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well since no one else has chimed in, we will start a 2v1 game. You guys can choose the first leader, and the leader each turn will have 2 decks to deal with.

As a reminder to the players, this script is using the First Steps rule set, meaning there is NO Final Guess, but there is only ONE subplot.

I will be allowing full table talk so I can get better info about the script, and this means you guys can play your cards face up. As a reminder, all discussing must be done at the table. If I feel that discussion is going on for a long time, I may poke, but I'll try not to.

I have stolen some masterminding ideas from Ian, because I like them. Additionally, while I was thinking up my first turn, I actually think I found a taboo, so I have made a change, but I don't know how that affects the difficulty, so I really want to get your thoughts at the end.

So with that, here is your starting info:

There will be 3 loops of 5 days each.
The incidents are:
Day 1:
Day 2:Increasing Unease
Day 3:Faraway Murder
Day 4:
Day 5:Suicide

The starting board is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And since Table Talk is on, let's just begin!

Loop 1 Day 1

Phase 1: Morning

There is no incident for today. Don't take it for granted.

Phase 2: Mastermind Cards

The Mastermind plays cards on

Class Rep
Rich Man's Daughter
Henchman

Now the proverbial ball is in your court.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I can be the first leader.

OK, here's my thoughts looking at the board.

Either the Henchman or the RMD is going to be trying for Increasing Unease, since they have low Panic threshold. I think our first play should be tossing 2 Goodwill on the Boy Student (and hoping he's not a role with Refusal) to counter any Paranoia placed this turn.

Other plays to consider are Goodwill on the Office Worker (to find out his role), or on the Informer so we can find out the subplot, but that one will take us a lot of Goodwill, and if she has Refusal could be a waste of time.

In order to use Faraway Murder, he'll need to toss out some Intrigue. He could be using his +2 Intrigue card today to prime the victim, and Increasing Unease will let him pull the trigger by placing the Paranoia needed to panic the culprit.

The Shrine Maiden off by herself is a bit troublesome, she might be a Serial Killer, or there could be a SK hiding in the Hospital or School, and he's moving someone out to trigger it and kill a Key Person.

The good thing, we can't have both a Serial Killer and a Friend. We could have a Key Person and a Murderer, or a Key Person and a Cultist though.

There WILL be a Conspiracy Theorist in play, so if he uses that power we'll be able to narrow down the suspects easily. I really hope that the RMD or the Henchman aren't the CT, as that would be a bit unfair.

The Doctor is another good choice for Goodwill, but if he happens to be the Brain or the Killer (or a Curmudgeon) we could be handing the Mastermind a way to spread more paranoia and disguise who the CT is.

(Edit to replace Reporter with Informer, since I was half asleep when I wrote this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a short reply to tell you guys i'm here, currently at work but will reply tonight (timeshift, i'm on gmt+1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, just a thought that occurs to me:

10 characters for a First Steps script seems a bit overboard. At most, we can have the following role counts:

Murder Plan + Shadow of the Ripper = 5 Roles
Murder Plan + Unsettling Rumor = 4 Roles
Murder Plan + Hideous Script = 5-7 Roles

Light of the Avenger + Shadow = 3 Roles
Light of the Avenger + Rumor = 2 Roles
Light of the Avenger + Hideous = 3-5 Roles

Place to Protect + Shadow = 4 Roles
Place to Protect + Rumor = 3 Roles
Place to Protect + Hideous = 4-6 Roles

That's either a lot of people hiding things, or a LOT of Persons spread around as distractions.

As one Mastermind to another, for when this is over, consider cutting the cast list down to 6 or 7 characters, the First Steps scripts in the base game use 7. I also think that the Henchman and Reporter might be a bit too... unbalancing... in a First Steps script.

But these are just my thoughts and observations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tuxian wrote:
As an aside, just a thought that occurs to me:

10 characters for a First Steps script seems a bit overboard. At most, we can have the following role counts:

As one Mastermind to another, for when this is over, consider cutting the cast list down to 6 or 7 characters, the First Steps scripts in the base game use 7. I also think that the Henchman and Reporter might be a bit too... unbalancing... in a First Steps script.

But these are just my thoughts and observations.

A fair note. We can definitely discuss it more after the game.

Also, it's an informer, not a reporter. But close enough. Just don't want the word "Reporter" making you think "Journalist"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, I couldn't remember what her name was, and was half-asleep while I was posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here are my 2 cents. Please excuse that I'm not as good at theory crafting (esp. about potential incidents) since I haven't played the game that much. Anyways, what I'm thinking / suggesting:

- i see the same constellation at school and at the hospital: 2 characters with a low paranoia threshold and two characters who can remove paranoia using their goodwill-abilities at 2 goodwill to remove paranoia; at school it's the RMD and boy student; at the hospital it's the Henchman and the doctor. It's possible, like you, Tuxian, said, that he wants to use them for an incident, its also possible that the mastermind wants to bait our goodwill cards on the boy-student/the doctor, maybe for goodwill refusal, maybe to lead us into a wrong direction
- the shrine maiden alone also bothers me. I don't think that she's the serial killer,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
bc she was the serial killer in the first scenario,
but maybe he wants to send the serial killer there, since she is an easy target.
- since all we can do is speculate right now, it might be a good move to gather as much information as possible by adding goodwill to the officeworker (3) or to the informer (5) to find out about the subplot.

So my suggestions are: Add goodwill to doctor, boy student to stop paranoia on the low threshold chars (bait?) AND/OR move shrinemaiden to disable her as a target for the serial killer AND/OR add goodwill to the office worker / informer.

What do you say, fellow leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Informer would take too long, and if we're in Hideous Script, and she's a Curmudgeon, we'll just have wasted our Goodwill.

For now, I think our best bets are Goodwill +2 on the Boy Student, Office Worker, and either a Paranoia -1 on the Henchman or a Goodwill +2 on the Doctor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuxian wrote:
Informer would take too long, and if we're in Hideous Script, and she's a Curmudgeon, we'll just have wasted our Goodwill.

For now, I think our best bets are Goodwill +2 on the Boy Student, Office Worker, and either a Paranoia -1 on the Henchman or a Goodwill +2 on the Doctor.

I'll go...
- Goodwill +2 on the Boy Student then. Let's see if we get baited by the mastermind.

You go...
- You can go Goodwill +2 on the Office Worker.
- Lets keep one goodwill +2 for this loop if we need it and go Paranoia -1 on the henchman.

...if you agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me then.

Goodwill +2 on Office Worker
Paranoia -1 on Henchman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodwill +2 on Boy Student

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took a screenshot, but I'm having issues uploading it. I'll try to get it uploaded ASAP. However, in the meantime:

Phase 4: Card Resolution

Mastermind Played:
+1 Paranoia on Rich Man's Daughter
Horizontal Move on Class Rep
+1 Paranoia on Henchman

Protagonists Played:
I:+2 Goodwill on Office Worker
S:+2 Goodwill on Boy Student
X:-1 Paranoia on Henchman

I will be representing Ian as Grey, Simon as Blue, and Mr. X as Brown. I will assume the leader's first card is their own.

Phase 5: Mastermind Abilities

The Class Rep gains one Paranoia.

Leader, will you be using any goodwill actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will ask the Boy Student to remove one Paranoia from the RMD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Mastermind Abilities, we know that the Conspiracy Theorist is either the Office Worker (which we'll discover next turn), the Police Officer, the Informer, or the Class Rep herself. This narrows things down a lot, but still offers us no hint as to which subplot is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuxian wrote:
I will ask the Boy Student to remove one Paranoia from the RMD.

Did you forget about the office workers good will ability? or will we use them in seperate posts?

EDIT: NVM, he needs 3 goodwill, not 2.

Ragnatz wrote:
I will be representing Ian as Grey, Simon as Blue, and Mr. X as Brown. I will assume the leader's first card is their own.

To clarify: Their own = Ians/Simons. 2nd played card is the leader-deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.