Subject: So how much do the new units change things? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So the text says that these new units will be an essential part of the game, how much and in what ways do these new units actually change and affect the game? What new strategies and dangers do they present?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
So the text says that these new units will be an essential part of the game, how much and in what ways do these new units actually change and affect the game? What new strategies and dangers do they present?

Free Peoples Events and Factions: http://www.aresgames.eu/17007

Shadow Events and Factions: http://www.aresgames.eu/17081
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played twice with this expansion. I would say they definitely change things, but in a good way. They allow for more layers of strategy. They open up new areas of the board to more options. They not only effect the game from a military standpoint (either defense or offense), but also from a corruption standpoint, by either enabling a speedier trip to Mordor (for the free people), or allow for more corruption options for the shadow player.

While they offer more options, it also depends on what event deck cards you will have in your hand and the entire game flow. I don't envision that it will often be useful to bring out all three factions in one game. But generally 1-2 used well could make a big difference. I didn't want to give too many details so that I wouldn't spoil the surprise of your first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.