Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

With the week behind us it's time to post your week's mini-session reports and stories to answer our favorite question:

mbmbWhat did you play this week?

mbAdditional WDYPTW information:

mbmbtobacco This week's WDYPTW Geeklist
mbmbtobacco WDYPTW subscription thread
mbmbtobacco The WDYPTW Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple 10x10 and a family game night...

Tuesday
1x - Deus - mb

Thursday
1x - Bora Bora - mb

Saturday
2x - Mad Gab
1x - Trivia Pursuit: Family Edition

Hoping we can get some more 10x10 in this coming week before we are out of pocket for a week and unlikely to get any gaming in. My wife and I have pre-registered for CinCityCon which is on Saturday October 1 and an opportunity to get some gaming in with other people.

meeple Keep playing...
BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2016 List at 57/100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday, Cards Against Humanity, Super Dungeon explorer
Wednesday, Pulp Alley
Thursday, Edge of Empire (RPG)
Friday, Hong Kong Action Theater (RPG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraforming Mars
Tichu
Sylvion mb
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Love Letter
1812: The Invasion of Canada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally solo-ed (pun intended) a skirmish of my recently acquired Star Wars: Imperial Assault, though just learned one army was illegal and I did LOS and movement wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nothing new hit the tables this week - just a few old standbys

Tuesday
1x - Imperial Settlers
2x - The Grizzled
1x - Hanabi

Saturday
1x - Splendor
1x - Paperback
1x - Hanabi
1x - Love Letter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion
Splendor
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Evolution: Climate
Nuns on the Run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I sadly played only on one weekday, me and SO have played our way throughout the whole weekend for a total of 17 plays of 13 distinct games (so what that most of them were short little fillers? ). I won 6 of these plays, 1 game was new to me and I think I won't even mention my hardcore 10x10 anymore, since there is no way I could finish it now.

Wednesday

Scythe
El Gaucho.

Saturday

Shear Panic
Tiny Epic Galaxies
6 nimmt!
Hey, That's My Fish!
Beasty Bar

Sunday

Tales & Games: The Hare & the Tortoise 3x
Hive Pocket
Red7 2x
Mars Attacks: Ten-Minute Takedown 2x
Quadropolis
Innovation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saint Petersburg (second edition) x 1
Talat x 1
The King Is Dead x 1
Automobiles x 1
Abyss x 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw man, this was an awesome week of gaming! Not in terms of quantity, but I got to play some of my (new) favorites, and got a game out of 'not yet played' limbo

On Monday, GF and I played Keyflower. It was a weird game, but quite interesting. Very few resource generation tiles came out, so it was really hard to upgrade. I went heavy on the green meeples, in anticipation of a winter tile I had that would score them. But my GF kept stealing my tiles to generate them, so I couldn't get the monopoly on them that I wanted. When we hit winter, she knew that I was short on red meeps, so she started claiming the tiles she wanted with reds. I did manage to snatch one she really wanted away from her, though, since I had a couple of them hidden away All to no avail, though, she still beat me. I couldn't stop her from amassing coal and scoring it. And when she had over two dozen meeples left to score with the '5 meeples is some points' tile, I was gone. I get to blame people from a supplier at work, though. They were texting me throughout the game and I couldn't ignore them since they were working on one of my projects

Tuesday, GF went to the movies with a friend. So I spent the evening playing Age of Steam with the 1-player Barbados map from Age of Steam Expansion: Barbados / St. Lucia. The first few turns, the game was kicking my rear end. But I ended up managing to generate an income, and in the end won the game with a score of 30 points.

On Friday, my girlfriend and I had agreed to play one of our longer games, since I was working from home (so no commute home) and we had leftover dinner from the evening before. So we would have all the time in the world.
But she was tired and wanted to rest first, so before you know it, it was later than anticipated. So instead of Twilight Struggle, Roads & Boats or Through the Ages, we played Age of Steam. This time on the St. Lucia map.
We played our first game of AoS last week, and I beat her 68 to -15 (yes, minus fifteen). This time, she was not going to be crushed that easily. She was actually ahead for most of the game. But in the end, the fact that I had a 6 locomotive as opposed to her 4 made me pull ahead in the last few turns, grabbing a 68 to 55 win We're both beginning to have the slightest idea of strategy in this game, so it's getting more interesting. I'm so very, very glad that I got this one in the Benelux math trade!

On Saturday, we had planned to do this 'long game' thing we wanted to do on Friday. But I really felt like playing Brass: Lancashire instead. With two, it's not an exceptionally long game, maybe 90 minutes to two hours. But it's so engaging. And I'm so glad that I have the much-hated EGG Deluxe edition with the two player map on the back side of the board. After our most tense game of Brass ever, I snatched a 160 to 148 victory. I think she lost the game by spending some actions building coal mines in the last few turns. I think those gave too few VP for the actions and money they cost. Then again, I managed to build three shipyards, so I think I earned the win
After that, we broke out Caribbean. We still had some gaming time left, and we wanted something lighter. And I want to get more of my unplayed games to the table, so hey
Turns out that this game that promises super funny chaotic game play with its blind auction and general screwing around, is actually a thinky mind game when played with two. We finished it, but it wasn't that much fun. I like thinky mind games, don't get me wrong. But we have better ones. This one is unlikely to hit the table again when it's just the two of us, but might get played again when we have the right group together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Rebellion(New to me)
Potion Explosion(New to me)
Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection

Another light week of gaming because of work, but I was able to play two new games. Star Wars: Rebellion was the big game of the week. My father and I had been wanting to play this since we got it 3 or 4 months ago, but hadn't had time. We played a full game and I won playing as the Rebels. The game took over 3 hours, but we had a great time and have already started talking about when we can get it back to the table.
My wife has been eagerly awaiting Potion Explosion so when it showed up in the mail on Wednesday we had to play it that night. Luckily we had friends coming over for dinner that night so we played a 4 player game. My wife really enjoyed this game and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Being able to combo the potion spells and timing when to take the -2pts to take a single extra marble was great fun. I am sure this game will get played a lot over the next month.
I also finished my first solo play of the long scenario for Liberty or Death. I played as the British and the with lots of help from the French the Patriots were easily able to beat me. I have this game setup again on my desk, but this time to play the short scenario. I am really enjoying this game, but as of right now I like Cuba Libre better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Solid week for me, especially as I also went to a Nats game, the NASCAR race in Richmond and Cirque du Soleil which took a lot of potential board game time.

Monday
Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small x2

Friday
Ticket to Ride x2

Saturday
Scoville

Sunday
San Juan (second edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday:
Game of Trains x2
Suspicion x1

Friday:
Ice Cool x2
Isle of Trains x1

Saturday:
Deep Sea Adventure x3
Qwixx x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystic Veil x1
Lords of Scotland x1
Isle of Skye x2
Targi x1
Revolver x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HeroQuest
Just one game this weekend but it was great - got my kids [5 & 7] into the first Quest of HeroQuest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Alexander
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday:
Marvel Dice Masters (x2)
Hive (x3)
Among the Stars (x1)
Marvel Legendary (x1)

Tuesday:
Barman Love Letter (x1)
Race for the Galaxy (x1)
Marvel Dice Masters (x5)

Thursday:
Love Letter (x1)
Codenames (x2)

Saturday:
Marvel Dice Masters (x7)

Sunday:
Firefly Fluxx (x1)
The Resistance (x2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I went shopping on Sunday and bought around 60 second hand games. One that the family picked up straight away was Battle Sheep so that came up quite a few times during the week

So that would make:

10x Battle Sheep

2x Five Tribes

1x The Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction

1x Scoville
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dodger
United States
River Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still addicted to those fortesses and sanctuaries...

Monday the 5th
1x Terra Mystica

Saturday the 10th
1x Terra Mystica

Sunday the 11th
2x Terra Mystica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Nicholson
United States
Gilmer
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
1,000 Places to See Before You Die x1
Stare! x2
Get Bit! x1
BANG!: The Walking Dead x1

Didn't get in as many games as I wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Three days of gaming this week to make up for no gaming last week.

Wednesday
Just Desserts
The Butterfly Garden
Stockpile

Thursday
Suburbia
Lanterns

Saturday
The Butterfly Garden
El Gaucho
Hansa Teutonica
Fidelitas
Gold West

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 x A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)
While I recognize that this is a good game...a 75 minute rules explaination followed by a 6 hr game we decided to limit at 8 rounds made me really reconsider playing this game again.

1 x Arboretum
I love this game! Fairly quick, easy to learn, easy to teach but offers a lot for decision making.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^^

75 minutes to explain a game, you need better teachers.

Was a con week, didn't get much in during the week but Con day was

1x Dominant Species
1x Tigris and Euphrates
1x Speicherstadt w/ expansion
1x Arboretum
1x Small World
5x Captain Sonar in about 10 hours total w/ lunch and trade break. Was good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laughing Lizard Games
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Camel Up
Last Will
It's Just A Theory
Zombies!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agricola
Flash Point: Fire Rescue x 2
Quadropolis
Dixit
Star Realms x 2
XCOM
Mamma Mia!
Welcome to the Dungeon
Mysterium
Descent: Journeys in the Dark
Lost Legacy: The Starship x 15
The Voyages of Marco Polo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.