2 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Strategy

Subject: July - August strategy (FULL SPOILER) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lorenzo sonzogni
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi all, like all time I write here I start saying sorry for my english, cos i speak it more than I write, so probably this text is going to be full of error.

This game is amazing, we really enjoy the way it changes month after month.

In this 2 month we fight for the 1st time vs the research objective and we have a new tool: equipment.

now, while we don't understand yet the real strong of equipment
(we look at them like thing very situational, that occupay card place in player hand and that rarely are in the hand of player who really need them)

we immidiatly think the way we could use one of them to make the reserch a joke.

we are a 4 player group and july goes this way:
we choose caracter in this order:

operation expert (coordinator rival)- soldier (medic rival)-coordinator(pilot) - medic (local connection)

soldier was given to the player who have a coda card in starting hand.
and we use the start bonus equipping some shit on that card

medic start the game, and made is better to keep under control anything but the coda.

operation expert move to chicago (where we got a militar permanent base), use his ability to travel to the coda city which is in soldier hand discarding a card, build a research station, and run back to atlanta.

we were lucky cos no epidemic happens in first 4 card so
soldier move to that city, reserch for 3, recatch that card(remember that got an equipment onfrom starting bonus) and reserch for 3..
Goodmornig mrs virology!

August was a bit triky cos we need a revolt city were reserch on.
Fortunatly in past month we were quite rude to treat faded city, isolating them with permanent block when the 3rd fade appear and leaving them to their destiny doesnt matter of panic level.

so we got in a starting hand joannesburg, a coda collapsed city.
again we give that starting hand to soldier (now he is a super soldier having 2 personal upgrade as end game bonus: the one that kill fade and local pressure)
the bonus from july was a permanet militar base which we put on joannesburg.

so in 2 turn the soldier:

move to chigago (where we got a militar permanent base)
equip some shit
shuttle to joannesburg
searh for 3

recatch
serch for 3
recatch
serch for 3

1 epidemic happens between this but immunologist stand at 9 so.. welcome to our team!

unfortunatly we lose the game cos of 7 outbreak (our 1st lost)
but we win it on second half (very close one.. find cure with 3 player seems very hard)

now we are really scared of september cos from the immunologist text we supposed we have to find some register somewhere..
and the groundzero stick probably means something..
and our groudzeero is a fallen los Angels (5panic level), in a completly roadblock closed coda zone with our military permanent base of the zone quite far from that city.. so it could be very expensive to go in the hell.

god bless us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
We did the same with the Soldier in July and have competed the new task in 3 turns as well.
We just needed to handover our CodA card to the operation expert so that he could fly to the respective city because of a missing military base =).

It felt like cheating in the first moment but I think it is a valid and good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.