Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The module for this game is now available.

Be sure to click the "Read Me" button on the toolbar to understand the automated features in the game.

Link to File

• [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, I was waiting for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you drag a card to the allied discard pile, and then drag it out again then the top left corner is covered by a small card back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The module is masking cards drawn from decks on purpose so your opponent cannot look at your discard pile in a PBEM game.

When this happens to you, right-click and select "mask/unmask." That back-up was built in there just in case somebody did this or clicked "Undo."

Also, don't drag cards. Right-click on them and the module will take care of the cards for you. When you play the next card, it will automatically send the card on the board to the discard pile or the removed pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front and Combat Commander rule! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Came here this morning looking for this. Nice work, Judd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bless this man with your Geek Gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Came here this morning looking for this. Nice work, Judd.

Your influence is on this module. The "End Turn" button that automates a bunch of procedures -- I ripped that off of you. You the man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is it possible to implement the optional rules allowing players to select cards at start of 1944 and 1945?

I found I could select cards from the card manifest but they don't have the usual right click options. Not a big problem for Overlord - just wait until it is normally drawn and then replace. When the axis card is a prerequisite for later cards, they can't be played as events and you need to keep track outside the module for correct effects and removal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
Is it possible to implement the optional rules allowing players to select cards at start of 1944 and 1945?

I found I could select cards from the card manifest but they don't have the usual right click options. Not a big problem for Overlord - just wait until it is normally drawn and then replace. When the axis card is a prerequisite for later cards, they can't be played as events and you need to keep track outside the module for correct effects and removal.

Go to the green down arrow on the tool bar that says "View" and then select 1944/45 decks.

That opens a window. Go to the deck and right-click on it and select "Draw Specific Cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
OK, I'll try that thanks.

New problem. Creating 1944 decks worked fine but creating 1945 discarded cards held in hand and shuffled all removed cards back into one large deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
OK, I'll try that thanks.

New problem. Creating 1944 decks worked fine but creating 1945 discarded cards held in hand and shuffled all removed cards back into one large deck.

You have to right click on the cards. If you drag them to the removed pile, it will shuffle back into the deck. You cannot pick and choose which automated features you want to use. If you are not going to right click on the cardS, you cannot click the 1944 or 1945 buttons.

In other words if you right click on a card like forced labor and select play for event then it will automatically go to the removed pile and will never shuffle back in. If you drag it there then it will shuffle back in.

This is outlined in the README file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes, I read the readme and always used right click functions when playing cards. (Could use one for combat cards by the way).

I just tested again and build 1944 is fine while build 1945 discards any cards in hand and adds removed cards back to deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
Yes, I read the readme and always used right click functions when playing cards. (Could use one for combat cards by the way).

I just tested again and build 1944 is fine while build 1945 discards any cards in hand and adds removed cards back to deck.

Ah, right you are. The 1945 command button lacked the same restriction as the 1944 button (restrict to the decks map and only cards with the property "Year = 1945")

I uploaded the fix. Unfortunately, VassalEngine now has this ultra annoying "sent to moderation" for approval message. Hopefully it is up by tonight. Go here and when you see a second listing with a 13 September 2016 date, it will have passed moderation and you will want the one that says "current."

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:Festung_Europa_V1-0.vmod

As for a right-click --> Play as Combat Card feature, I did consider it until I realized that some of the combat cards have asterisks and some are good for a single round and others are good for the remainder of the turn. At that point, it is easier to have the players move them around as needed, and why I included the huge text "Move combat cards here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see some illustrated after-action reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.