GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
17 Days Left
Text on card:
When Captain Marvel deals combat damage, spin all of your character dice up one level.
Scenario: I have a L1/A3/D2 Quicksilver "Thanks to Isotope E" (level 1, attack 3 and defence 2) attacking together with Captain Marvel. My opponent blocks Quicksilver with a A2/D4 character. Since Captain Marvel is dealing combat damage (either blocked or unblocked) she and Quicksilver spin up. QS would spin up to L1/A4/D3.
1) Is QuickSilver KO'ed immediately and sent to KO/Prep Area?
2) Is QuickSilver KO'ing the opposing blocker (A2/D4)?
The Rulebook states:
STEP 4 - Attack phase
- Both players assign damage. Damage occurs simultaneously (= all characters in the attack/block area deal damage simultaneously)
- Once all damage has been assigned, knock out each character that took damage greaterthan or equal to its defense. When a character is knocked out, move it to that player’s prep area.
I assume this order is relevant (first assign damage and afterwards check for KO's), so Captain Marvel ability would trigger in between, thus spinning up QuickSilver (and herself).
Quicksilver would have already attacked with his former attack value (before spinning up) so he wouldn't KO its blocker, and would defend with the new defence value (after spinning up) so he would not be KO'ed.
So both answers would be NO.
Am I right?
- Last edited Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:58 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:45 pm
You have it exactly correct