Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

do you have an idea how to remove scratches from the clamshell stones? My opponent mixed them with black stones and now the surface is scratched.

I tried cotton cloth, didn't work. Microfiber just removed the shimmer and partly the scratches, but if the stones loose their shimmer I prefere them with scratches. I also tried a drill with a polish-head, didn't worked. I even rubbed the white stones against each other.

As you see I tried a lot but nothing helped. Any experience?

Cheers and thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure you are supposed to. As they stones age they get character. I have some very old stones that have become darker with age as they oil from people touching them penetrate the porous shell material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I know. I already considered to see it that way.

A person I know used peroxide to make old stones white again. I wouldn't do such a thing (specially since I don't know if that does more harm than help.

Still removing scratches is another issue I think. Also since the white stones are supposed to be more glossy than the black ones.

Hm. If noone comes up with a good idea, I'll stick to the "aging" of stones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found the website with the description on how to wax and clean stones. I changed my mind on peroxid, if I look at the results:
https://erythen.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/how-to-clean-slate-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.